UTSW summer SURF program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beadle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the information for the undergraduate research program today and it sounds like something I would like to do next summer. Has anyone here participated or know much about it? The program accepts 50 people, but I don't know how competetive that would make it. I will be a second-semester sophomore at A&M this fall and have not had any research experience before, so I'm looking for something. I'm also looking into jobs at different hospitals around Dallas (where I live) but I figure I should wait until March or so to start prodding around that area.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a senior at A&M. I did my research at the med school here. You should just take a stroll around Reynolds and see if any of the labs need a student worker. I got mine just by luck through a job I had before. OR, if you go online at medicine.tamu.edu and look in the departments you have an interest in, you may find someone working on a project that you think would be cool to work on. Then you can just email them...you'd be surprised how many people are looking for students workers, just not actively. PM me if you have any other questions.

I know I didn't answer your question, but I thought this might be helpful :)