UVM or NYMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As far as location goes, a couple of points

1) I've found that its really easy to get from Vermont to Boston. If you have a car (and living in either Valhalla or VT you might want one), its only a four hour drive and I've never seen traffic. I've also done the NY to Boston trip a lot and it rarely takes only 4.5 hours (the mapquest time). There's traffic and bus delays, and if you go through the airport, that adds on an hour to go through security. And then there's always the public transportation to GET to the airport/bus station/whatever.

2) If you hate winter, you should really think about whether Vermont is right for you. I love snow (hence the user name), so living in Vermont was great for me. But winter is long and it gets cold (like snot freezing inside your nose cold). So if that is going to seriously affect your happiness, think really hard about whether it's the right place for you.

If you are worried about experience in clinical rotations, I would suggest contacting some UVM students and asking about it. I know some people do away rotations in cities to get the experiences that you might not get at Fletcher Allen or Portland. The only way you'll know for sure if that's common and easy to arrange is talking to people who have done it.

Good luck with everything

Members don't see this ad.