UW average of 57

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lotsahair2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, I am about halfway with UW , average right now is 57. I find this extremely difficult.
my previous scores were both in the 250s (step 1 and step 2)
I am doing this before starting residency, I guess this is one of the reasons it is so difficult.

what is your take on such an average? I seem to be unable to go above it (had about 10 exam blocks now).
Do you think there is something I should do or change to make sure I pass this thing?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone, I am about halfway with UW , average right now is 57. I find this extremely difficult.
my previous scores were both in the 250s (step 1 and step 2)
I am doing this before starting residency, I guess this is one of the reasons it is so difficult.

what is your take on such an average? I seem to be unable to go above it (had about 10 exam blocks now).
Do you think there is something I should do or change to make sure I pass this thing?
thanks

Which books did you read thro' before starting the UW.I think the problem here is that you need to refresh your theory first.
Can use crush,FA,Premiere review to refresh your theory.
Good luck.

i read FA one, briefly...
finished all the questions, and my average now is 59.....
my exam is in 3 days....
ahhhhhhhh!!!!
what do you think? honestly? how bad is that score?

Members don't see this ad :)
i read FA one, briefly...
finished all the questions, and my average now is 59.....
my exam is in 3 days....
ahhhhhhhh!!!!
what do you think? honestly? how bad is that score?

59% is quite good on UW.But, what about the CCS?
Practice CCS because that is 25% of the exam.

CCS is, by far, the easiest part of the exam.

If you have seen anyone in clinic or admitted anyone to the hospital in the past 6 months, you are ready for CCS. It is mostly a test of basic tests and treatments for mostly bread and butter conditions. The only important thing is to do the practice cases to familiarize yourself with the time system.

If you type "counsel," you get a list of all the things you can advise the patient about, so you don't even have to memorize a list of things to cover for different people.

guys, i really appreciate these posts, which are quite reassuring.
since I will probably be ranked before i get a score, i really only need to pass.
I just did all the UW CCS cases, and it seemed alright... I missed a few wokrup tests, but didn't miss a diagnosis and basically did the right things...so, hoping for the best!
and if anyone has other experiences with step 3, please post them here.
thanks!