You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UW-Madison c/o 2027 hopefuls
Started by jesseleemey
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futurehorsedoctor
Full Member
IS acceptance!!! Congrats to everyone who got in or waitlisted!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Border Goat Bananas
Full Member
OOS rejection. Just got it though at 4:30pm EST.
OOS rejection
charliesmom98
Full Member
OOS rejection but accepted into my top school so no biggie! Wishing y’all the best for the rest of the cycle! ❤️
OOS rejection, best of luck to all!
Rejected 🫠😫
kwright9876
New Member
OOS rejection
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Rejection. Congratulations on everyone getting accepted!!!
eleanor713
Full Member
just wondering- are a lot of people already accepted into their top choice? I feel like UW is pretty late to notify
I'm still waiting on 3, one of which is my top choice
OOS rejection
Dual degree long process but in a universe where the dvm/phds of other places + UW deny me, I would not attend UW solo-DVM over my IS.just wondering- are a lot of people already accepted into their top choice? I feel like UW is pretty late to notify
yea I got into my top choice in jan thank the universejust wondering- are a lot of people already accepted into their top choice? I feel like UW is pretty late to notify
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
IS rejection. Congrats to everyone, over 2000 applicants for 96 seats. That's crazy!!
Where did you find this info? Can't find it anywhere on the website lolSo I don't love that the only options for admitted student's day are March 3 and April 14... Purdue is March 3 only, so I have to go then, and I'd love to have a decision made long before April 14 lol. Anyone else feeling this way?
It was in the acceptance email!Where did you find this info? Can't find it anywhere on the website lol
Oops I clearly did not read it closely enough. Thanks!It was in the acceptance email!
Border Goat Bananas
Full Member
Has anyone heard about the DVM/PHD program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS rejection 🙁 Good luck to everyone !!
birdnerd333
UW SVM c/o 2027
Hi everyone, I am new to SDN. I am a first-year IS applicant and was informed today that I am number 8 on the alternate list...so nerve-wracking!
Do you know how much the OOS waitlist typically moves and when we should expect to hear about spots opening up/changes in waitlist positions?Just checking in! I’m in the class of 2026 at UW Madison and I’m from out of state if you have any questions about the school feel free to reach out 🙂
Do you know how much the OOS waitlist typically moves and when we should expect to hear about spots opening up/changes in waitlist positions?
I know for sure it went up to 70 for my class that got a call they were off the waitlist and that was sometime in July. And in 2020 they went up to 90 at least. I think more got the call after that because someone actually got off the waitlist a week before school started! It was during orientation. I know that sounds crazy in terms of planning but the school made it work and helped them transition. Not sure what number they were. I think they are good at updating in regards to waitlists. They really start to really move after decision day and a lot of the time people will keep you updated on here on what position they were and when they got off the waitlist!
I know this is super different but any chance you know how quickly or chances of the IS waitlist moving and if they update us with where we are?I know for sure it went up to 70 for my class that got a call they were off the waitlist and that was sometime in July. And in 2020 they went up to 90 at least. I think more got the call after that because someone actually got off the waitlist a week before school started! It was during orientation. I know that sounds crazy in terms of planning but the school made it work and helped them transition. Not sure what number they were. I think they are good at updating in regards to waitlists. They really start to really move after decision day and a lot of the time people will keep you updated on here on what position they were and when they got off the waitlist!
Thank you!!
I know this is super different but any chance you know how quickly or chances of the IS waitlist moving and if they update us with where we are?
Thank you!!
Honestly communication is very easy, I would wait at least till decision day but I think you could always reach out and see if things have moved, even over email it’s always worth a shot to ask in my mind. There really weren’t too many updates given about IS waitlist in our class I think the last we heard was 4th but that doesn’t mean more people didn’t receive an acceptance off the list just that’s all I saw from our class on SDN.
Honestly communication is very easy, I would wait at least till decision day but I think you could always reach out and see if things have moved, even over email it’s always worth a shot to ask in my mind. There really weren’t too many updates given about IS waitlist in our class I think the last we heard was 4th but that doesn’t mean more people didn’t receive an acceptance off the list just that’s all I saw from our class on SDN.
A lot of my class members have never even heard of SDN before so not everyone was updating on when they got off the waitlist!
Follow up question when that time comes who would I reach out to in admissions? Would that be Jenna or someone else?A lot of my class members have never even heard of SDN before so not everyone was updating on when they got off the waitlist!
Follow up question when that time comes who would I reach out to in admissions? Would that be Jenna or someone else?
I think you can reach out to Jenna or admissions is fine. I’m sure many people on the waitlist will be wanting updated so just be patient and only email after sometime has gone by I do think they will send out updates our class wasn’t “filled” I think until July and even then someone got off the waitlist after that. I know it’s terribly hard to wait but they will keep you in the loop and it’s helpful when people on SDN help keep everyone in the loop as well!
Absolutely, thank you so much for the information!! 😊I think you can reach out to Jenna or admissions is fine. I’m sure many people on the waitlist will be wanting updated so just be patient and only email after sometime has gone by I do think they will send out updates our class wasn’t “filled” I think until July and even then someone got off the waitlist after that. I know it’s terribly hard to wait but they will keep you in the loop and it’s helpful when people on SDN help keep everyone in the loop as well!
jesseleemey
Full Member
Does anyone know what the presentations on admitted student day on March 3 are about? It would be a lot harder to swing the March one versus April, but if they are really important I don't want to miss them.
echlou1285
New Member
Is there any hope of an offer at #110 on the OOS waitlist? In the email they said between 90-150 OOS waitlisted students have been given offers in recent years but from what I've been able to find it never seems to go above 100
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I doubt applying a second time in and of itself would increase your chances, but having an additional year of experiences to form your app and potentially your essay can certainly make you a stronger candidate.Hey all, I got declined but I'm already thinking about next year's app. Any idea if you have a higher chance with it not being your first time applying?
birdnerd333
UW SVM c/o 2027
I was told by a DVM/Professor that admission committees do like to see repeat applicants, it shows resiliency and commitment to the profession.Hey all, I got declined but I'm already thinking about next year's app. Any idea if you have a higher chance with it not being your first time applying?
Equine_Aricka
Full Member
Hi! This is my second time applying with better grades and better experience. Rejected twice now. Improving your application definitely shows your seriousness about becoming a vet. But it also is a bit of a gamble -- each year is dependent on that pool of applicants and who you're competing against. I believe it's a number of things, but definitely try again because you never know if that will be the year they pick you!!I was told by a DVM/Professor that admission committees do like to see repeat applicants, it shows resiliency and commitment to the profession.
Is there any hope of an offer at #110 on the OOS waitlist? In the email they said between 90-150 OOS waitlisted students have been given offers in recent years but from what I've been able to find it never seems to go above 100
I think there’s definitely a chance! Like I said a lot of my class had never used SDN before so if they were on the waitlist they weren’t updating on here. The waitlist movies super fast once summer comes around because a lot of people on the waitlist have already accepted offers elsewhere.
FutureVet890
New Member
Hey, to anyone that has already accepted there spot for the fall term. If you guys wanted I could start a GroupMe for us. I’d also be interested in potential roommates
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 608