Program-Specific Info / Q's UW-Madison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kannall

Reaction score
Did anyone apply to UW-Madison and hear back from them?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied and I have not heard anything yet.

I applied and I have not heard anything yet.
Me either. When I applied they had rolling admissions on their homepage and said to apply as early as possible. I just recently went and looked and they took that off so I'm not sure

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished my Kiara talent interview that I have been pushing off. Hopefully now that I submitted that, I will hear back soon?

I just finished my Kiara talent interview that I have been pushing off. Hopefully now that I submitted that, I will hear back soon?
How do you think it went? I don't think they've sent out any emails yet

How do you think it went? I don't think they've sent out any emails yet
Honestly, not very well.. I did not like talking to myself and having no interaction? do you know how the process works for UW-M? will they do a second interview with staff and applicant or just send out acceptances/rejections?

Honestly, not very well.. I did not like talking to myself and having no interaction? do you know how the process works for UW-M? will they do a second interview with staff and applicant or just send out acceptances/rejections?
Thats how I felt as well! It was very unnatural. And as far as their process im pretty sure that's it. I emailed them and they said they will try to have everyone notified of their decision by mid March 🙃

I was pushing off that as well and they consistently were emailing me to submit the assessment. I heard back within 2 weeks or so... Good luck!

Any updates for anyone? I just want to hear back from them!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you end up getting into your top pick??
I was waitlisted at rush university but after speaking with admissions about my placement on the list, I should hopefully be accepted sooner rather then later. As of now I committed to St. Ambrose in Iowa

Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates for anyone? I just want to hear back from them!
I contacted them and they said they have not sent out any decisions, so no acceptances were sent out. They said decisions will be sent out by mid-march and everyone will hear at the same time.

Reactions: 2 users
I contacted them and they said they have not sent out any decisions, so no acceptances were sent out. They said decisions will be sent out by mid-march and everyone will hear at the same time.
Ooh thank you thank you! I emailed them last week but didn't get a response back about my application status.

Has anyone heard back from UW Madison yet - either way? I can’t believe how long it has taken considering the program begins in June!

Has anyone heard back from UW Madison yet - either way? I can’t believe how long it has taken considering the program begins in June!
I haven't. Im very surprised too as programs who had deadlines in December have been admitting students since January lol crossing my fingers we hear from them this week

Maybe try emailing them and asking when they are going to let us know?

They told me mid-March, so it could be any day now this week or next week. @abwOT where did you see the start date of the program being in June? Is there any calendar you found?

They told me mid-March, so it could be any day now this week or next week. @abwOT where did you see the start date of the program being in June? Is there any calendar you found?
On their website it says a summer start which usually that is June. I haven't seen a definite date tho

On their website it says a summer start which usually that is June. I haven't seen a definite date tho
Unfortunately, that's not always the case. The program I will beginning if I don't get into Madison or Milwaukee has a summer start of May 17th. Madison has 3 different summer session start dates, May 17th, May 24th, and June 14th. This is what someone at the Registrar's office told me. It could be that last June date, but it might be in May, I don't know for sure! I just googled the academic calendar and the June 14th session is 8 weeks long, so it will probably be that one, but can't say for certain.

The program webinar mentions that the program is 3 years long and will begin in June every year. The undergraduate summer term (8 weeks) begins June 14 this year, but the graduate schedule may be different.

The webinar also mentioned that they would be running rolling admissions, but I applied in August so take that with a grain of salt.

Link to webinar: https://mediaspace.wisc.edu/media/Occupational+Therapy+Entry+LevelA+Program+Overview/1_ewvkz9j4

Reactions: 1 users
The program webinar mentions that the program is 3 years long and will begin in June every year. The undergraduate summer term (8 weeks) begins June 14 this year, but the graduate schedule may be different.

The webinar also mentioned that they would be running rolling admissions, but I applied in August so take that with a grain of salt.

Link to webinar: https://mediaspace.wisc.edu/media/Occupational+Therapy+Entry+LevelA+Program+Overview/1_ewvkz9j4
Thank you so much for this resource! I missed the webinar so this is very helpful!

Has anyone heard back from UW-Madison or UW-Milwaukee?

I applied to Madison and haven't heard anything. I cant even really pick them now because its so close to my other start date for the program that I committed too

I applied to Madison and haven't heard anything. I cant even really pick them now because its so close to my other start date for the program that I committed too
I have not heard anything from either and have been watching my email like a hawk lol. I'm anticipating something this week, though...

Madison's start date is really close to the start date of the program I committed to already as well so choosing them and having to go through everything would be chaotic lol I heard back from my committed school in January, so it's a little crazy to me that Madison starts a month later and we still haven't heard from them :(

I have not heard anything from either and have been watching my email like a hawk lol. I'm anticipating something this week, though...

Madison's start date is really close to the start date of the program I committed to already as well so choosing them and having to go through everything would be chaotic lol I heard back from my committed school in January, so it's a little crazy to me that Madison starts a month later and we still haven't heard from them :(
Thats what I thought also! I know its common to hear from schools late if you are on the waitlist but for their normal admissions decisions to just be announced mid/late March and start in the summer is crazy. I have friends applying to psych programs that are just starting to hear back but they don't start until fall!

Thats what I thought also! I know its common to hear from schools late if you are on the waitlist but for their normal admissions decisions to just be announced mid/late March and start in the summer is crazy. I have friends applying to psych programs that are just starting to hear back but they don't start until fall!
I was thinking the same! Aghhh I hope we get some news soon!

I actually heard back from them last Wednesday that I was rejected and I applied in October. So hopefully you guys hear back some good news soon!

I actually heard back from them last Wednesday that I was rejected and I applied in October. So hopefully you guys hear back some good news soon!
From Madison or Milwaukee?

I really had hoped today would qualify as the mid-march cutoff but I've heard nothing yet. Hopefully we all hear back by the end of the week. Keep updating and good luck to you guys!

I was also rejected last week from Maddison, hopefully that means good news for you!

Really sorry to hear about your rejections :( I hope to get some news soon, one way or the other, so we can finally put this decision anxiety to rest!

Just got an email saying I was waitlisted. Good luck, everyone!

I also got an email this morning that I am on the waitlist. I wonder how many people are on the waitlist.

I also got an email this morning that I am on the waitlist. I wonder how many people are on the waitlist.
I think you're able to email them and ask or ask where you are on the list

I think you're able to email them and ask or ask where you are on the list
I know. I think I might wait a week or so to see if people will drop off the waitlist before contacting them to get a more accurate picture. I’m hoping to hear from UWM soon too.

Hello! do you plan on accepting if offered a spot?

Slippery Rock in PA! Are you gonna stay on the waitlist?
Awesome, congrats! I am going to stay on the waitlist, yes. At this point, it's all going to come down to cost D:

You mind sharing your stats?
Yeah ofc!
My gpa was pretty low.
Major: psychobiology
Gpa: 3.37
Pre req gpa: 3.7
Gre: 162 verbal 163 quant 5 essay
Observation: 180+ in pediatrics clinic and 80+ in hand clinic
I was a research assistant at an autism research lab for 4 years and interned at a day treatment program for children with autism for 3 years. I also worked as an ABA therapist for like 6 months. And I translated some research papers for an orthopedic surgeon. I had other extracurricular activities but they weren’t OT related.
Also I’ll be attending WashU in St. Louis!

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to hear about all the waitlisting, pretty annoying this late in the game! I was accepted to Madison and even though I’m pretty disappointed in the admissions process so far I am going to accept because I’d like to get back to Madison to live with my partner.
Congrats to all who have accepted to their programs!
Congrats on your acceptance! If I get off the waitlist, I think I will also be attending...so let's see what happens! haha

@abwOT how long did Madison give you to accept or deny your seat? I'm assuming you also heard back last Wednesday on 3/17, but correct me if not

@abwOT how long did Madison give you to accept or deny your seat? I'm assuming you also heard back last Wednesday on 3/17, but correct me if not
The decision deadline is the end of the month, 3/31. Hope you hear back ASAP!