General Admissions & OTCAS UW-Madison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kannall

Reaction score
Did anyone else apply to UW-Madison?? I feel like I'm the only one on here who did lol

Members don't see this ad.

I did! Have you heard anything? I haven't since the Kira assessment and I'm starting to get nervous!

Reactions: 1 user
I did! Have you heard anything? I haven't since the Kira assessment and I'm starting to get nervous!
No I haven't!! All of my stuff and kira assessment have been submitted since like beginning of October. Im glad I'm not the only one

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I submitted my application back in the beginning of October and I haven't heard anything.
Someone commented on another thread saying they got in a few weeks ago

Someone commented on another thread saying they got in a few weeks ago
Yeah, and that they applied in October/November. Wild, I haven't heard of anyone else who has heard back.

Reactions: 1 users
I did!!! I would so be so thrilled if I got in. Have you heard anything back from them yet?
I also did, but have not heard anything back yet!

I did!!! I would so be so thrilled if I got in. Have you heard anything back from them yet?
I also did, but have not heard anything back yet!
No I haven’t i submitted my application so early last year and I still haven’t heard anything. I was hoping someone might have heard something 😭

Members don't see this ad :)
No I haven’t i submitted my application so early last year and I still haven’t heard anything. I was hoping someone might have heard something 😭
Oh wow! Yeah, I hope we hear back soon. Good luck!

I got in... Congrats! How do you feel about their program ?
It is my top program! I like the curriculum and how they want us to understand and experience the things we are studying. They also have fantastic faculty and research. I unfortunately haven't heard from them. Congratulations!!

Of course!
Senior at NIU, age:26
So with UW looking at the last 60 credit hours, my gpa is 3.8 , pre req 3.7. GRE isn't required (didn't score high on it)
Major: Rehab & Disability services, Double minor : Psychology & Counseling, Honors student
Observation hours in every setting total of 278 hours
Work: 3 years of hospital work experience (rehab tech, patient transporter, admin assistant), 5 years as a teacher assistant
Internship: Hippo therapy
Leadership experience: SOTA, NSLS, Peer Mentor
Volunteer & Community Service hours: over 60 hrs

Last edited:
Someone in a different thread said that Madison said they haven't sent out any decisions yet and will send everyone's out mid-March.

Has anyone heard anything from UW-Milwaukee, though? They seem to be sending out decisions to some people. One person I saw get in on fb went there for undergrad, not sure if that makes a difference.

Someone in a different thread said that Madison said they haven't sent out any decisions yet and will send everyone's out mid-March.

Has anyone heard anything from UW-Milwaukee, though? They seem to be sending out decisions to some people. One person I saw get in on fb went there for undergrad, not sure if that makes a difference
I have not heard back from UWM either. I think that they have an undergrad degree in occupational science and those students get priority into their OT grad program before they send out decisions to people who did not go there for undergrad.

I have not heard back from UWM either. I think that they have an undergrad degree in occupational science and those students get priority into their OT grad program before they send out decisions to people who did not go there for undergrad.
Yeah you're probably right. Hoping for the best, though!

Yeah you're probably right. Hoping for the best, though!
Hey I’m a current student in the OT program at UW-Milwaukee and they send out acceptances in waves (if you did their occupational studies undergrad you don’t apply through OTCAS and apply directly to them)! I was in one of the very first wave from OTCAS applications and I found out on March 2nd last year. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey I’m a current student in the OT program at UW-Milwaukee and they send out acceptances in waves (if you did their occupational studies undergrad you don’t apply through OTCAS and apply directly to them)! I was in one of the very first wave from OTCAS applications and I found out on March 2nd last year. Hope that helps!
Do you like the program??

Do you like the program??
I do! We are almost fully online right now so I haven’t really had the full experience yet but all the professors have been extremely nice and are very knowledgeable. I also had an amazing experience at my Level 1 fieldwork which I did get to have in person, and our summer classes will be in person as well!

I do! We are almost fully online right now so I haven’t really had the full experience yet but all the professors have been extremely nice and are very knowledgeable. I also had an amazing experience at my Level 1 fieldwork which I did get to have in person, and our summer classes will be in person as well!
Hello! I applied to UW-Milwaukee. would you mind sharing your stats? I was a bit concerned about my gpa and experience. Thank you!

Hello! I applied to UW-Milwaukee. would you mind sharing your stats? I was a bit concerned about my gpa and experience. Thank you!
Hey hope this isn’t too late, I just saw it!
My overall undergraduate GPA was a 3.7 in OTCAS and I believe my pre-rec’s were 38.5?
I volunteered in a hospital for 6 months working at a surgery desk, volunteered at a school in a classroom for 3-4 year olds with disabilities, and did my internship at a center for troubled teens. I shadowed a school OT for a week and shadowed a OT at a veterans hospital for a whole summer basically helping them do whatever and observing. My GRE score was really not extremely stand out and my letters of rec came from an OT, my academic advisor, and my anatomy professor

Hi, everyone! I got accepted into UW-Milwaukee today (3/30)!!