Program-Specific Info / Q's UW MOT FALL 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! That's good information about parking, I knew it would be outrageous! And I bet just finding a daily spot every now and then will be a total bummer! I'm hoping my bus commute won't be too bad, but we shall see. I live in the south end of Bothell...as in Kirkland is literally right across the street from me! lol. Hopefully there's a good bus route that uses the 520 bridge!
Yeah! Sound Transit 540 goes from Kirkland transit center to campus
Schedules

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet! I'm hoping they will be emailing people this week! Good luck on getting off the waitlist and please update if you find out any more information!
Will do! I believe March 9th was the last day for the first wave of acceptance to make a deposit. I’m hoping to hear from them this week!

Reactions: 1 users
Will do! I believe March 9th was the last day for the first wave of acceptance to make a deposit. I’m hoping to hear from them this week!
Fingers crossed hopefully we will be hearing from them this week.

Reactions: 1 user
I have not heard from them either. Has anyone called and asked if the waitlist is open yet?
I emailed Ms. Gupta, and she said they started contacting alternates this week. I really hope I get off the wait list!!

Reactions: 2 users
Not yet:( do you think all the spots filled?
I have no idea :( its hard to tell especially since we have no clue where we are at on the waitlist. Hopefully they still have openings and we will be hearing from them this week.

I heard back this morning and was offered a seat in the program! I was given til March 26th to make a decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back this morning and was offered a seat in the program! I was given til March 26th to make a decision.
Oh my! Congrats! Did they call or email. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks for sharing! It really helps to know someone has heard back.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Thanks! I was emailed. Here are my stats!

Cum GPA: 3.3
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 156 (V), 154 (Q), 4.0 (A)
Shadowing: 300 in pediatrics for an intensive motor rehabilitation program, 150 at an autism and nuerodevelopment center, 200 skilled nursing facility, 100 adult outpatient clinic and 150 in a school setting
Volunteering/extracurricular: rehab aide for 3 years, 2 medical mission trips, coach swimmers with disabilities, multiple leadership roles on campus clubs and non-profit organizations

Last edited:
Thanks! I was emailed. Here are my stats!

Cum GPA: 3.3
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 156 (V), 154 (Q), 4.0 (A)
Shadowing: 300 in pediatrics for an intensive motor rehabilitation program, 150 at an autism and nuerodevelopment center, 200 skilled nursing facility, 100 adult outpatient clinic and 150 in a school setting
Volunteering/extracurricular: rehab aide for 3 years, 2 medical mission trips, coach swimmers with disabilities, multiple leadership roles on campus and organizations
You have some really impressive shadowing and volunteering/work experiences. It's clear that you really took your time to thoroughly explore many different disciplines, and that you have also been actively involved in increasing participation for those with disabilities in your vocational endeavors. It's no surprise you've been accepted. Good for you! :)

Curious about what those medical mission trips entailed. If you have the time to message me and share, I would appreciate it!

Just a quick update, I have declined my seat in the program today! Good luck to you all!

Just a quick update, I have declined my seat in the program today! Good luck to you all!
Thanks for giving those of us on the waitlist a shiny glimmer of hope! Good luck at USC!!

Thanks for giving those of us on the waitlist a shiny glimmer of hope! Good luck at USC!!

I emailed Ms. Charu last week and she said that the alternate list does not close until the start of classes in September. She said that as soon as they hear back from a candidate that declines they offer acceptance to the next candidate on the waitlist. I don't know which one is worse not knowing your position on the waitlist or patiently waiting :wideyed:

I received an email this morning offering me a seat in the program. I will be accepting my spot!! So excited!!!!

I emailed Ms. Charu last week and she said that the alternate list does not close until the start of classes in September. She said that as soon as they hear back from a candidate that declines they offer acceptance to the next candidate on the waitlist. I don't know which one is worse not knowing your position on the waitlist or patiently waiting :wideyed:
Hey, see the post below! Spots are still opening up! Let's keep the hope alive!!

Hey, guys, I got accepted to UW I will be giving up my spot at UP. Those that will be attending UW what are looking at for housing options or is there a facebook page you are on? Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Awesome, congrats!! I remember from an info session current students said there would be a facebook group and that many students found housing together. Seattle is very expensive, but if you don't mind a commute they said you could find more affordable housing a bit farther out. I'm still debating whether I want to spend more and be close or save some money and have a commute..
Leemer were you able to find a UW facebook page? Thanks

Hey, guys, I got accepted to UW I will be giving up my spot at UP. Those that will be attending UW what are looking at for housing options or is there a facebook page you are on? Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Hey, congrats!

Is anyone planning to attend the Graduate Project Symposium on June 6th?

Thanks! MamaBearOT were you accepted in any of the programs you applied to?

Sorry the delayed response. Already started my OT program, so I've been busy! I ended up getting in everywhere except UIC and both Seattle schools, where I am still waitlisted and assuming I won't hear anything further.