Program-Specific Info / Q's UW Seattle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emily23ot

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I was wondering if there were any current UW students who wouldn't mind sharing their stats they applied and got accepted with. Or if anybody else is applying to UW and wants to share theirs below, I'd love to see if I even have a shot as I know it's a very competitive program. I'll leave my states below :) If anybody has any input, I'd love to hear. I am also applying to SJSU, USC, USA San Marcos, CSU and UPS.

Degree: Kinesiology- Concentration in Exercise Science
GPA: 3.87 overall, 3.56 prerequisites
GRE: 151 Quant, 153 Verbal, 4 Writing
LOR: 1 OT, 1 professor, 1 supervisor
SHADOWING: 200 hours as a paid rehab aide (both PT and OT), 14 hours outpatient pediatric clinic, 28 hours outpatient hand therapy, 16 hours inpatient at a hospital
EXPERIENCE: previous: server for 3 years, barista and assistant manager of coffee shop for 2 years current: personal trainer for last year and a half part time, part time behavioral technician with children who have Autism (ABA therapy)
CERTIFICATIONS: ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist, Board Certified Autism Technician, CPR, First Aide
VOLUNTEER: 80 hours with a nonprofit that worked to get underprivileged children in my community to the ocean to learn ocean sports like surfing

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everybody, I was wondering if there were any current UW students who wouldn't mind sharing their stats they applied and got accepted with. Or if anybody else is applying to UW and wants to share theirs below, I'd love to see if I even have a shot as I know it's a very competitive program. I'll leave my states below :) If anybody has any input, I'd love to hear. I am also applying to SJSU, USC, USA San Marcos, CSU and UPS.

SHADOWING: 200 hours as a paid rehab aide (both PT and OT), 14 hours outpatient pediatric clinic, 28 hours outpatient hand therapy, 16 hours inpatient at a hospital
EXPERIENCE: previous: server for 3 years, barista and assistant manager of coffee shop for 2 years current: personal trainer for last year and a half part time, part time behavioral technician with children who have Autism (ABA therapy)
CERTIFICATIONS: ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist, Board Certified Autism Technician, CPR, First Aide
VOLUNTEER: 80 hours with a nonprofit that worked to get underprivileged children in my community to the ocean to learn ocean sports like surfing

Hi,

I applied to SJSU, USA San Marcos, and UW as well last year. I was accepted to SJSU and USA San Marcos, but UW I was rejected. I think your stats are higher so you have a better chance than I did. Below are my stats if it helps.

Major: Public Health Sciences
GPA: 3.70
GRE: 155V, 149 Q, 4.0 AWA
Volunteer:
-80 Research Lab (Shadowing OT)
-100 Neurofeedback Tech (During Undergrad Practicum)
-121 Pediatric Clinic
-25 Animal Assisted Therapy
-112 Hand Therapy Clinic

If you have any questions regarding to SJSU or USA San Marcos, let me know or direct message me! I would be happy to help. Ultimately I went with SJSU due to cost.

Good luck! :)

I think you’re fine! Better than mine haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Has anyone heard anything from UW yet? Getting antsy!

Also anxiously waiting for UW decisions! Really wish we didn’t have to wait until March.

Reactions: 2 users
Also anxiously waiting for UW decisions! Really wish we didn’t have to wait until March.
When I applied last year they sent out the emails on March 4th, so I’m hoping it will be just as early this year! I’ve been anxiously waiting since January haha.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an email saying I'm on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 user
I was waitlisted!

Last edited:
Just an update that I was accepted this morning :) good luck everyone!

Gave up my spot yesterday so hopefully that’s good news to someone on the waitlist :)