UW Secondary Question!

Started by EdwardKim
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EdwardKim

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I have just started working on UW secondary, and it asks for three letters: from a dentist, a science instructor, and a character reference.

What exactly do they mean by character reference? I have multiple science professors' LoRs that talk about my character, so would it be okay if I used one of my science professor's LoR as character reference?

Also, do they want the letters to be dossiered/sent to them again even though I have them through AADSAS?

Thanks for reading, and I hope you guys can shed some light.

Have a nice day.
 
Character reference usually means someone you worked for/with, volunteered for/with, and etc. Science professors' LoRs usually do not count; however, if you might be able to use them if you don't have any other options. As for sending them, UW will get them through AADSAS. If you have a LoR that is not in the AADSAS database, you can send it with your secondary.

Good luck to both of you! UW is a great dental school.

Hello,

I have just started working on UW secondary, and it asks for three letters: from a dentist, a science instructor, and a character reference.

What exactly do they mean by character reference? I have multiple science professors' LoRs that talk about my character, so would it be okay if I used one of my science professor's LoR as character reference?

Also, do they want the letters to be dossiered/sent to them again even though I have them through AADSAS?

Thanks for reading, and I hope you guys can shed some light.

Have a nice day.