UWorld Self Assessment, like CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mumd2011

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take Step 2 CK in 3 weeks and I was wondering what everyone's opinion of the UWorld self assessment was. Is this similar? How close did it predict your score? Was it more/less accurate than NBME? And, last question, which NBME form predicted your score the best? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

uWorld assessment is probably predictive of uworld performance but not the real exam too well. use it mainly as a practice test and compare it to your uworld score.

I've heard that it under-predicts by as much as 15 ... dunno if true or not, but tha's what I heard.

I took one about 3-4 weeks ago without really doing UW Q's (I'm taking the COMLEX) ... 1st 1/2 took some adjusting, 2nd 1/2 I finally got the hang of it ... given I didn't do hot, but I passed the UW assessment. Kinda gives me some hope if I do end up taking the USMLE - I'll just do UW for 1-2 months and take it after doing an official NBME. I was pretty much 15-20 points off what would be my goal score for the USMLE if I'm to be taking it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard that it under-predicts by as much as 15 ... dunno if true or not, but tha's what I heard.

I took one about 3-4 weeks ago without really doing UW Q's (I'm taking the COMLEX) ... 1st 1/2 took some adjusting, 2nd 1/2 I finally got the hang of it ... given I didn't do hot, but I passed the UW assessment. Kinda gives me some hope if I do end up taking the USMLE - I'll just do UW for 1-2 months and take it after doing an official NBME. I was pretty much 15-20 points off what would be my goal score for the USMLE if I'm to be taking it.

in my case, that was about right

I too would like to know how the USMLEWorld Step 2CK assessment compares to one of the NBME. Is it dumbed down or smarted up?

I take step 2 ck in a week.

3 days ago I took the nbme form 4 and got a 730 (equivalent of 261)
Today I took the UWorld self-assessment and got a 570 (equivalent of 233)

How can there be such a HUGE discrepancy of 28 points?

I too would like to know how the USMLEWorld Step 2CK assessment compares to one of the NBME. Is it dumbed down or smarted up?

I take step 2 ck in a week.

3 days ago I took the nbme form 4 and got a 730 (equivalent of 261)
Today I took the UWorld self-assessment and got a 570 (equivalent of 233)

How can there be such a HUGE discrepancy of 28 points?

I took Form 4 about 2 weeks ago and UWorld SA today. Gunned hardcore in between. My UWSA score was 9 points higher than my NBME form 4 score.

In general, I noticed that the NBME exam tested more general "bread and butter" concepts while the UWSA definitely went for the more obscure stuff and the minutiae. That might answer the question above and explain the score difference.

I took Form 4 about 2 weeks ago and UWorld SA today. Gunned hardcore in between. My UWSA score was 9 points higher than my NBME form 4 score.

In general, I noticed that the NBME exam tested more general "bread and butter" concepts while the UWSA definitely went for the more obscure stuff and the minutiae. That might answer the question above and explain the score difference.

Since the UWSA content is more difficult than the NBME form 4, one would expect to get a lower percentage of the questions correct on UWSA. However, given the same level of preparation, both exams should still yield a similar predicted score assuming that both have a valid score prediction system.

Either way, this doesn't quite tell us which is more representative of the actual step 2.

I think I'll probably end up scoring somewhere in between the 2 predicted scores because:
1. UWorld has an interest in underestimating your score
2. the UWorld qbank questions are probably modeled about the nbme exams so if you do enough of the qbank questions you will cover all the material on the nbme exam.

I should probably stop thinking about this and just study.

true muffin agreed we should all probably study a little more, as type A personalities that most of us are we all wanna know were we stand. I went through 15 pages of forum to find people who took NBME 4 and how they did on the real thing. The worst part of studying for an exam is waiting for the result to come back. best of luck