More uworld vs free 120

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MadScientist95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So my COMLEX level 2 and Step 2 exams are about a week from now. So far I am on track to ALMOST complete uworld (I will probably have about 150-200 questions left). I have taken both uworld SA 1 and 2 where I scored a 240 and 245, respectively. My goal is a 240 or above. I decided not to take any NBMEs this time as they really stressed me out and were extremely under predictive for step 1 where I scored over 20 points higher than my highest NBME. So now I am debating if I should just continue Uworld for the rest of this week or sacrifice some Uworld questions to do the free 120 towards the end? I have heard good and bad things about the free 120. Some people say its the most like the actual exam while others say it's a lot easier. I would say the only reason I have for leaning more towards Uworld is that there are no explanations for the answers for the free 120 and therefore I feel like I may be more efficient learning some last-minute things on Uworld. I would love to hear your guys' opinions!

Also, for anyone who has taken step along with Uworld SA1 and SA2, how accurate were they to your actual score? I'm worried my scores are giving me false hope as last time Uworld over predicted me by about 10 points. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

UWSA1: 271 (3 weeks before)
UWSA2: 283 (1 week before)
Real: 277
I'd expect your score to fall somewhere in between depending on how long before you exam you took them.

I can't remember how much like each the free120/Uworld the real thing was- there are a ton of questions, so I'd say a mix. I don't think either one would be wrong.

Here's a nice score predictor, not very precise but accurate for me: https://enterprise.shinyapps.io/predictor/

Reactions: 1 user
UWSA1: 271 (3 weeks before)
UWSA2: 283 (1 week before)
Real: 277
I'd expect your score to fall somewhere in between depending on how long before you exam you took them.

I can't remember how much like each the free120/Uworld the real thing was- there are a ton of questions, so I'd say a mix. I don't think either one would be wrong.

Here's a nice score predictor, not very precise but accurate for me: https://enterprise.shinyapps.io/predictor/
Thanks! Mine is a similar time frame. SA1 was a month before and SA2 was a week before. Hopefully same happens for me.