V-loc anyone?

Started by Hoju
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hoju

I don't want Fop.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do any of you use V-loc sutures, or have you ever seen other ENT's using this suture. I have recently worked with some gen surg peeps that use them regularly and they seem pretty nifty. No experience with it on ENT though.
 
Do any of you use V-loc sutures, or have you ever seen other ENT's using this suture. I have recently worked with some gen surg peeps that use them regularly and they seem pretty nifty. No experience with it on ENT though.

People were describing these to me last week. I don't think I can justifiy the expense. I forget how much they are but when someone told me it sounded expensive.

Also, on cosmetic closures, I am not afraid to back out a subcuticular suture if it doesn't look perfect. With the v-loc, I would assume you would have to pull the whole thing through and start over? Not that this happens very frequently, but it seems like that would be very annoying to deal with.

I might try it out sometime, but I am skeptical.