-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VA Disability Evaluations.
Started by Splenda88
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sounds awful.
I did SS disability evals in residency (well paying moonlighting) and it sucked. I can't imagine the VA wouldn't be worse.
I did SS disability evals in residency (well paying moonlighting) and it sucked. I can't imagine the VA wouldn't be worse.
Sounds awful.
I did SS disability evals in residency (well paying moonlighting) and it sucked. I can't imagine the VA wouldn't be worse.
If you don’t mind me asking. Why was it so terrible?
I’ve been thinking doing SS disability evaluations to make some money and wanted to know the down sides.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys/gals think of this gig below?
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing because I am currently representing a great opportunity for a physician (a hospitalist, urgent care or primary care provider) that l feel you may have an interest in with locations in [city]. Please review some of the highlights of this position below and reach me by phone at (xxx) xxx-xxxx anytime days, nights, or weekends or email me at [email address] if you would like to discuss the details further.
- This well-established urgent care group is seeking physicians to work in a collaborative capacity
- Very little time commitment – amounts to less than 4 days of work annually and 24k+ guaranteed
- Not responsible for direct supervision or training of advanced practitioners; just chart reviews for compliance purposes
- Position is open to all [state] licensed physicians – family medicine, internal medicine, hospitalists, urgent care & general practitioners
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing because I am currently representing a great opportunity for a physician (a hospitalist, urgent care or primary care provider) that l feel you may have an interest in with locations in [city]. Please review some of the highlights of this position below and reach me by phone at (xxx) xxx-xxxx anytime days, nights, or weekends or email me at [email address] if you would like to discuss the details further.
- This well-established urgent care group is seeking physicians to work in a collaborative capacity
- Very little time commitment – amounts to less than 4 days of work annually and 24k+ guaranteed
- Not responsible for direct supervision or training of advanced practitioners; just chart reviews for compliance purposes
- Position is open to all [state] licensed physicians – family medicine, internal medicine, hospitalists, urgent care & general practitioners
What kind of chart review for compliance is this?
Because its mind numbingly boring work to begin with. Generic H&P but with no A/P.If you don’t mind me asking. Why was it so terrible?
I’ve been thinking doing SS disability evaluations to make some money and wanted to know the down sides.
I spent 8 hours listening to people complain that everything hurt and they couldn't do anything without pain, pan positive ROS, and then a PE that didn't match their complaints in the slightest.
Now I will say that about once/day I'd get someone who really was legit: hemiparesis s/p CVA, COPD on oxygen, paraplegic, the sort of stuff. The people disability is designed for. But most of it was people who universally stopped education in the 8th grade and so couldn't find jobs that didn't involve manual labor and having to do a full H&P on 20 people like that in a day is very draining.
Not too sure since I have not talked to the recruiter yet. My guess is that NPs do not have full practice right here, so they might want someone to co-sign their notes so they can collect 100% reimbursement.What kind of chart review for compliance is this?
I think they are are not fully transparent by using the word 'compliance'. I remember that someone in my program told me he was doing something similar.
That's kind of what that sounded like to me as well. Be a hard No from me.Not too sure since I have not talked to the recruiter yet. My guess is that NPs do not have full practice right here, so they might want someone to co-sign their notes so they can collect 100% reimbursement.
I think they are are not fully transparent by using the word 'compliance'. I remember that someone in my program told me he was doing something similar.
CVS offered me something like that for a local minute clinic right out of residency. Turned them down.
They just want a doc to take on the liability. I am not up for that kind of shenanigans. It seems like everyone thinks they can make money using our license.That's kind of what that sounded like to me as well. Be a hard No from me.
CVS offered me something like that for a local minute clinic right out of residency. Turned them down.
I was shocked the other day when someone told me top performing physician recruiters make 1.0 to 1.2 mil/yr.
Last edited:
How does one apply for such a position? Is there a website you recommend?Sounds awful.
I did SS disability evals in residency (well paying moonlighting) and it sucked. I can't imagine the VA wouldn't be worse.
The recruiter for the company emailed our residency coordinator and she passed it along to us.How does one apply for such a position? Is there a website you recommend?
MedPlus was the company I worked for.
Check out a different company. www.pontumhealth.com they are in WA and OR
I should clarify: I would not want to do SSI disability evaluations. That is what I was alluding to. Sounds miserable. In the general sense (nothing against veterans- my husband is vet). For every legitimate person will be 10 bogus who are lazy and want a free ride. Half of my day in urgent care is giving work notes for people who want to be poor and stupid since no one goes to work or school anymore.Anyone here doing VA disability eval.
What it is like?
Last edited:
Sounds miserable. In the general sense (nothing against veterans- my husband is vet). For every legitimate person will be 10 bogus who are lazy and want a free ride. Half of my day in urgent care is giving work notes for people who want to be poor and stupid since no one goes to work or school anymore.
Maybe your husband doesn't have a VA disability but you should know than VA disability is a different animal than Soc security disability. It's about capturing injuries/chronic conditions/mental health injuries that occurred during service and compensating the veteran for it and providing health care (if desired by the veteran). Even 100% disabled veterans can and do work while on VA disability. I have a significant percentage from various ailments that pays me $500+ a month and gets me mostly free VA healthcare. It also qualified me for a VA employment program that paid for medical school. I think most veterans are just looking for the benefits they are entitled to based on their service and injuries/healthcare conditions that occurred during service. The ones looking for a "free ride" are probably in the minority.
Sorry, when I was writing my post I was thinking about the SSI disability folks, not the vets.Maybe your husband doesn't have a VA disability but you should know than VA disability is a different animal than Soc security disability. It's about capturing injuries/chronic conditions/mental health injuries that occurred during service and compensating the veteran for it and providing health care (if desired by the veteran). Even 100% disabled veterans can and do work while on VA disability. I have a significant percentage from various ailments that pays me $500+ a month and gets me mostly free VA healthcare. It also qualified me for a VA employment program that paid for medical school. I think most veterans are just looking for the benefits they are entitled to based on their service and injuries/healthcare conditions that occurred during service. The ones looking for a "free ride" are probably in the minority.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
D
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 1K