VA Psych Salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dotsero

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any data on what a doc fresh out of residency would make at the VA. Specifically in the Waco/Temple/Ft Hood area?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any data on what a doc fresh out of residency would make at the VA. Specifically in the Waco/Temple/Ft Hood area?

We live in the Waco/Temple, Ft Hood area and most recent figure that has been tossed around is $200K. This is just rumor though, but from what people say there is a shortage of VA psychiatrists in the area. Don't know anyone who has actually interviewed with the VA in the area recently so take this with a grain of salt.

in the northern midwest, i had a resident tell me starting salary at the VA there was around 150K, with very limited call and flexible vacations. i cant confirm that though.

Scott and white faculty mentioned 200 at va last year during a visit last year...and that they were having trouble filling which I find hard to believe. Of the cuff comment, not sure if true or accurate.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk