Vacant PGY2 Dermatology Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjphd1103

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in a competitive surgical subspecialty at a top program looking to make a switch. Please let me know of any vacant PGY2 positions you may know of. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

sdnbruh

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Lol. Gotta get the max $/hr, amirite

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if the spot is "unfilled", you need a strong mentor to advocate on your behalf. Most (if not all) unfilled spots are taken "behind the scene". The fact that you're asking here indicates that you do not have a strong mentor (which is the primary problem).

Even if the spot is "unfilled", you need a strong mentor to advocate on your behalf. Most (if not all) unfilled spots are taken "behind the scene". The fact that you're asking here indicates that you do not have a strong mentor (which is the primary problem).
Actually dragon529, you can only advocate when you know where the opportunity lies. Program directors are certainly not sitting there searching for vacant positions for you in another specialty so to think they would know "behind the scenes" of another specialty at another program is silly. Thanks for your concern.

This is just my $0.02. You can disagree but I'm just trying to showcase the truth. Faculty members who are active in the residency selection process and who have research fellows talk amongst themselves regarding open or potential spots. It is unlikely an applicant will know of an open slot and ask the mentor to speak on your behalf.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile