Valant buyers remorse

Started by SmallBird
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SmallBird

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure if this is growing pains or a real mistake, but wondered if others had regretted choosing Valant as their EMR. The reason - it's just way too complicated. I just want to be able to add a patient to a calendar, right a free text note, send a prescription and collect payment. But adding a patient takes a long time. You have to create details for the appointment, and use a bunch of drop downs to pick appointment type, search their database for a diagnosis, etc., without which it won't let you do a prescription or much of anything. I am quick at documenting but I don't see the point of a private practice if the documentation is so thorough I may as well bill insurance. I hope I'm wrong about this and that there are ways to streamline it.
 
I used valant in my previous job. It was such a NIGHTMARE! I would not recommend it at all.
Not sure about the billing process, though. It was not done by me.
 
By far the worst EMR
That’s a bold statement knowing Meditech still exists.

Also, I can’t imagine it being worse than Anasazi. Was an early 2000’s EMR bought by Cerner sometime before 2015 and then never updated. The meds list was literally a list of every prescription the patient had ever been RX’d in alphabetical order with no way to update it or filter. So you couldn’t see what meds they were currently taking without clicking every single Rx to see the date it was prescribed and the notes didn’t populate med or problem lists. I used it at a CMHC in residency and it was literally worse than just making a SOAP note in Word.