Vanderbilt and Emory Waitlist / Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcjay

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
3 Questions:

1. Does anyone know if people waitlisted for Vanderbilt and/or Emory actually have a realistic chance of being accepted to these schools?

2. Also, does anyone know how many people are on these lists?

3. Lastly, does anyone have any advice on bettering a waitlist position besides writing a letter.

:confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey mcjay!

I cannot help you with the first 2 since I did not apply to either school. In reference to your last question, you can call the Director/Dean of admissions and speak to him/her about your interest. You can request to meet with he Dean/Director. You can send your updated transcipts if you have not already done so. You can also send new letters of recommendation and explain what you have been doing since you applied or last updated your application. If you are set on either school, then you can write a letter of intent to whichever one you want to go to rather than a letter of interest to both. Good luck! I hope you get off both waitlists. I am also on quite a few waitlists with no acceptances and I have written letters and will be sending a new LOR. :)

great ideas!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've always wondered about sending transcript updates? What if your grades go slightly down? Is it still to your advantage to send it in. How about from A and A- to A- and B+?

quite a few of my classmates got into vandy off of the waitlist. i sent my update letter during the summer. got the call in july.