Vanderbilt Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is everyone going to this interview?
I want to try to lump it together with my interview at St. Louis, but I won't be able to contact the school until Teusday. I don't want to have to pay 1,000 bucks for a plane flight. So does anyone know if they are starting interviewing before September 20th??
Also, is Vanderbilt on rolling admissions?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think they are rolling admissions, Melanie at Admissions told me they start interviewing the 10th, I'm going the 24th and another fellow on this board is going the 25th. I bought my tickets for $400 from Northwest. Apparently there's a sale going on until the 14th and you have to make your travel plans at least two weeks ahead of time (like I did), otherwise it was like $1000.

Did you get all that? :D

hmm...do you know if the spaces are pretty open or did she give you any days that were already full? Yea, I wish monday wasn't a holiday..now I gotta wait even longer to make all these travel arrangements..grr...

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ScoobyDoo:
•hmm...do you know if the spaces are pretty open or did she give you any days that were already full? Yea, I wish monday wasn't a holiday..now I gotta wait even longer to make all these travel arrangements..grr...•
Actually yes...she told me that the 10th is full, and I think that the first couple days afterward are pretty packed too, unless something has changed. I would have liked to interview early, but my poppycorn premed committee is as hopelessly inept as AMCAS and they said they wanted the secondary turned in before the interview, which I have taken to mean the secondary and the letters. The letters, ahh yes...as far as I know, the letters are floating around a premed netherworld right now. Oh well. Good luck Scoob. :)

Hey Scooby congrats on your interview! Looks like we both have mutual interviews at SLU and Vandy.

Mine is on the 25th, and I was able to get plane tix for around $280 on www.orbitz.com

You might want to try there. Good luck.

Baylor21, was that the earliest interview date you could get?
Or did you just have to go later b/c of your schedule?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo:
•Baylor21, was that the earliest interview date you could get?
Or did you just have to go later b/c of your schedule?•

I'm not sure if it was the earliest or not. I just emailed them with a list of dates I was available (25th was one of them) and they responded back.