Vanderbilt Orthodontic Residency Now Accepting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vandy Ortho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Orthodontics Residency Program

@font-face { font-family: "Arial"; }@font-face { font-family: "Calibri"; }@font-face { font-family: "Trebuchet MS"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

Notice:

The Council On Dental Accreditation (CODA) has reviewed the paperwork required for changes in the Vanderbilt Orthodontic Program. We are approved to recruit new orthodontic residents immediately.

We will interview to accept 3 new residents with a tentative starting date of November 4, 2011. The program will be a 26 month certificate program with full medical stipend.

We are looking for highly qualified applicants. If you are a qualified applicant please complete the application form and submit it with the required information as soon as possible. We will contact you if an interview is needed. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the last Friday in September and the first Friday in October.

Marion Messersmith, DDS, MSD
Program Director and Division Chief
Division of Orthodontics
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
1500 21st Avenue South, Suite 3400
Nashville, TN 37212
Tel. 615.343.0646
Fax. 615.343.1830

Please respond to Peggy Wilson at [email protected] or (615) 343-0646. Application deadline is 9/12/11.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the heads up Vandy Ortho. Do you have any info on whether they will be accepting students for 2012?

I received this from Peggy from Vanderbilt this morning:

I do not have the recruitment schedule for 2012. Please check back with me in January.
Thank you,
Peggy

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a Vandy invite yet? Seems like they should be starting any day now with interviews being end of Sept beginning of Oct.

I received an email invitation last Friday morning for Sept. 30th with social on Sept. 29th.

I received an email invitation last Friday morning for Sept. 30th with social on Sept. 29th.

Congratulations Moonlight!

Was wondering when you submitted your application to Vanderbilt?
I am sure you are highly qualified :)

Thanks

Thanks! I submitted it around August 20th or so.

Congratulations again Moonlight!

Would you please update us if there would be anther interview date at Vanderbilt or not?
Just to see if there is any hope in getting an interview or not.....

Thanks

I got rejection letter in the mail today, dated sept 16 and sent out on sept 19. Good luck to you all ;)