• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

YupGypsy

Banne*d for Tr*olling
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
is vascular radiology a part of interventional?
What is the pathway to interventional? Is interventional really competitive?

hans19

I'm back...
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
is vascular radiology a part of interventional?
What is the pathway to interventional? Is interventional really competitive?

1. Yes. At some institutions, however, the body radiologists read the non-neuro CTAs and MRAs.
2. Radiology first then 1 year of fellowship OR Direct pathway (integrates a surgical internship with radiology with fellowship, still 6 years).
3. In general no, but the top places are competitive.

YupGypsy

Banne*d for Tr*olling
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
How much is malpractice? I'm checking out radworking.com right now for fun and I see very high #'s, do these group offer malpractice in their benefit practice?

About the Ads

f_w

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
Malpractice for radiology with IR is typically the same as without. The only way in rads to reduce your premium is to drop mammography and OB ultrasound. Typically, malpractice is included in the package, the premium is dependent on many factors (years in practice, state, county) and nobody will be able to give you a meaningful number.

YupGypsy

Banne*d for Tr*olling
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
well, how much is malpractice for radiology in general? And do most groups cover these or do rads have to fend for themselves?

YupGypsy

Banne*d for Tr*olling
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
Yeah I understand that malpractice varies but for the anesthesiologists, they say anywhere from $15k to $85k. Some guy's paying only $17k for a practice in Dallas. Just trying to see where radiology falls.

f_w

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
Typically, if you see 'salaries' quoted this is already taken out. If you are part of a group (as in stockholder of the corporation), this will typically be taken out of our partnership share.

f_w

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
I would have to find out from the business office.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.