Aug 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I currently have acceptances to both VCOM - Auburn, and ARCOM. I am also interviewing at KCUCOM in late January and will probably choose this school if I get in because of how well established it is. I have a deposit due for ARCOM soon and need to make a deposit by December 17th. I am pretty confused as to which school would be better. I loved ARCOM from the tour and am leaning towards choosing it over VCOM but, know it is a new school. I also liked VCOM - Auburn, especially since it is in a college town but, couldn't get a feel for the school because the tour was virtual. I may go up and check out Auburn but, I do not feel like I will be able to get a good enough view of it if I do not tour the school in person. The admissions person who called me said that I wouldn't be guaranteed a tour so, this makes the decision that much harder. I have really limited financial means right now so, I think I will only be able to afford to make 2 deposits. My top two specialties are Internal and PM and R, if this makes a difference. Also, is there a chance that I may end up getting more interviews? I feel like I should but, I am not sure how late it is for the DO cycle.

Have an update and they will let me tour the school in January. I am just going to put the deposit down for ARCOM and make my decision after touring the VCOM campus.

Last edited:

Rogue42

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2017
Southeast
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I don't feel like the restrictions around COVID and not being able to tour a school should negatively impact your decision. Perhaps, one could say that maybe you should view VCOM in a better light as they are protecting their students since they do not want outsiders who haven't quarantined themselves to enter the building and risk our education.

However, I can see your predicament. Auburn is worth a visit, and you can definitely see the school, and get a good idea about the standards they keep - especially if it is this close of a decision for you. Personally, I would meet you to have a conversation about it if I was in town when you come.

Secondly, VCOM has solid matches in Internal med and PM&R (but the PM&Rs are from the carolinas campus). That doesn't mean you can't match it from here, because i personally don't know anyone who has actually been interested enough in it to try.

I don't have any information on ARCOM, mostly because it is so new.

Good luck in your decision!

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I don't feel like the restrictions around COVID and not being able to tour a school should negatively impact your decision. Perhaps, one could say that maybe you should view VCOM in a better light as they are protecting their students since they do not want outsiders who haven't quarantined themselves to enter the building and risk our education.

However, I can see your predicament. Auburn is worth a visit, and you can definitely see the school, and get a good idea about the standards they keep - especially if it is this close of a decision for you. Personally, I would meet you to have a conversation about it if I was in town when you come.

Secondly, VCOM has solid matches in Internal med and PM&R (but the PM&Rs are from the carolinas campus). That doesn't mean you can't match it from here, because i personally don't know anyone who has actually been interested enough in it to try.

I don't have any information on ARCOM, mostly because it is so new.

Good luck in your decision!
Thanks for the insight. I actually think I will be able to tour in January so, I will make sure and DM you then. Thank you for the offer!

About the Ads
Jan 2, 2021
As a former graduate of VCOM Auburn....I’d choose literally ANY school but that one. Admin doesn’t care about students, lots and lots of internal issues, LOTS of students held back repeatedly/kicked out/failed boards. It got me into my top choice residency, so there’s that, but I feel like I got there in spite of VCOM not because of them, and many of my friends have had much, much worse outcomes because of that school.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.