Sep 14, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I have been accepted to both VCOM and OSU (Oklahoma State Cherokee Nation). I am debating between the two. I am from South Carolina and so VCOM presents me with the opportunity to stay near home, however OSU has better clerkships for 3rd and 4th year students and more balanced testing schedule. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Thanks.

Sep 9, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I have been accepted to both VCOM and OSU (Oklahoma State Cherokee Nation). I am debating between the two. I am from South Carolina and so VCOM presents me with the opportunity to stay near home, however OSU has better clerkships for 3rd and 4th year students and more balanced testing schedule. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Thanks.
I would strongly advise you NOT to go to VCOM Carolinas! I went there and it was awful. No support, terrible administration (they only care about how much money they make) they don't care about the students. They don't respond to student feedback.

At the beginning I thought it was a great school, but I heard second years discussing their dissatisfaction with various things. I didn't have the same negative opinions at first and I didn't understand why they had so many complaints. But as time went on I realized how right everyone was and how bad VCOM is. It culminated when I got sick and had to be out for a week and they forced me to leave school.

So I went to a different medical school and it was SO MUCH BETTER!! Everything about it was better. They actually want to learn and succeed.
Also, while I was still a student at VCOM, I talked to my friends at other medical schools their experience at their medical schools was very different than VCOM-Carolinas. They

I am not the only student who left VCOM-Carolinas. A lot of people were very unhappy there.

So...I know that was long, but I really wanted you to know about VCOM-Carolinas, what it is really like. I am not familiar with OSU, but I would choose OSU over VCOM. I'm sorry to be so negative, I just wanted to be honest, so you know from a previous student what it is like there.
Here is a story about my experience if you would like to know more...
I would strongly advise you NOT to go to VCOM Carolinas! I went there and it was awful. No support, terrible administration (they only care about how much money they make) they don't care about the students. They don't respond to student feedback.

At the beginning I thought it was a great school, but I heard second years discussing their dissatisfaction with various things. I didn't have the same negative opinions at first and I didn't understand why they had so many complaints. But as time went on I realized how right everyone was and how bad VCOM is. It culminated when I got sick and had to be out for a week and they forced me to leave school.

So I went to a different medical school and it was SO MUCH BETTER!! Everything about it was better. They actually want to learn and succeed.
Also, while I was still a student at VCOM, I talked to my friends at other medical schools their experience at their medical schools was very different than VCOM-Carolinas. They

I am not the only student who left VCOM-Carolinas. A lot of people were very unhappy there.

So...I know that was long, but I really wanted you to know about VCOM-Carolinas, what it is really like. I am not familiar with OSU, but I would choose OSU over VCOM. I'm sorry to be so negative, I just wanted to be honest, so you know from a previous student what it is like there.

Here is an article about my experience there if you would like to know more: My Experience at VCOM CAROLINAS

Choose OSU!!!

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.