markdo3549

VCOM 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
31
0
Status
Pre-Medical
I just wanted to know what to expect at the VCOM interview. Also, of the people that interview how many are accepted? If anyone could help, I would appreciate it! Thanks, Mark
 

Monty Python

(Reagan’s shooting CXR)
15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
1,470
271
Nowhere particular
markdo3549 said:
I just wanted to know what to expect at the VCOM interview. Also, of the people that interview how many are accepted? If anyone could help, I would appreciate it! Thanks, Mark
Can't recall the source, but I personally read these approximate figures somewhere recently. I think this was entering in 2004:

applications received ~1400
interviewed ~350
offered acceptance ~ 310

I interview at VCOM this coming Thursday, 11/17. The interview sheet I received indicated three separate one-on-one sessions with various faculty members, both clinical and basic science folks.
 

markdo3549

VCOM 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
31
0
Status
Pre-Medical
trinityalumnus said:
Can't recall the source, but I personally read these approximate figures somewhere recently. I think this was entering in 2004:

applications received ~1400
interviewed ~350
offered acceptance ~ 310

I interview at VCOM this coming Thursday, 11/17. The interview sheet I received indicated three separate one-on-one sessions with various faculty members, both clinical and basic science folks.

You mean they accept almost as many as they interview?
 
About the Ads

markdo3549

VCOM 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
31
0
Status
Pre-Medical
markdo3549 said:
You mean they accept almost as many as they interview?
I have an interview on November 28. I am staying at a cool little Inn I found close by the school. I have never stayed at a bed and breakfast and it is rather cheap.
 

DOCT2010

New Member
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2005
2
0
Status
Pre-Medical
I just interviewed at VCOM on 11/9, don't worry the interviews were not that difficult. Two of my interviewers just carried a conversation with me. One was about the outdoors, and the other was about music literature for her childeren's band. However, one of my interviewers asked some tougher questions like? 1. How do you determine someone's worth?
2. How much money do you want to make as a physician?
3. Name three materials items important in your life?
4. Describe a time in which you had a cross-cultural
experience?
Other than these few questions the different interviews were pretty simple.
They also told us that we would find out concerning an acceptance by thursday of this week. So good luck I hope this helps!!! ;)
 
About the Ads