Vcom Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simpleman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview next week on tuesday. Pray for me everyone, please...I need it.

Also, would you (those who have interviewed) kindly post some questions that u remember for the interview. This is my first interview and i am honestly nervous.

I did go over the SDN interview feedback, but i was wondering if there are recent people who interviewed in these last couple of days?

Thanks for your help and God bless you all.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview next week on tuesday. Pray for me everyone, please...I need it.

Also, would you (those who have interviewed) kindly post some questions that u remember for the interview. This is my first interview and i am honestly nervous.

I did go over the SDN interview feedback, but i was wondering if there are recent people who interviewed in these last couple of days?

Thanks for your help and God bless you all.

My first piece of advice is to relax...that fact that you got an interview is a very good sign. it seems as though VCOM spends a considerable amount of time reviewing your primary/secondary prior to interviewing, so i think it is safe to say that they are very interested in meeting you.

i interviewed on jan 31. the interview day is very laid back. everyone is very nice and go out of their way to make you feel very welcome.

i was asked quesitons about my life and how i decided to pursue medicine (i am a non-trad applicant). be ready to answer why D.O. and why VCOM...be familiar with the mission of the school, etc. i was not asked anything controversial or anything to throw me off (ex. why did you repeat the MCAT, etc) all of my interviews were very relaxed and more of a conversation than an interview.

have some quesitons prepared for your interviewers (it shows you have done your homework) i would recommend asking each interviewer one question when they get to the "do you have any quesitons for me" part of the interview.

of course do all of the standard things (arrive early and send thank you notes to your interviewers, etc.)

good luck. if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me and i will be happy to help you in any way possible.

I'm a second-year, so my information may be a bit out of date. You will be interviewed by three different people individually. I was only asked "Why osteopathic?" once, never asked about VCOM specifically. Another asked about what specialty I was thinking of, and where I wanted to practice (big cuty vs rural). Mostly, they just wanted to talk. I sat around BSing with one of my interviewers for 30 minutes until he got a phone call saying that he needed to return me to the holding area and see his next interviewee. It was the most laid-back interview I've gone to, and they really do try hard to sell the idea of a helpful atmosphere. During lunch, when you get to meet a student from the first and second-year class, pay very close attention to what they say, but also remember that those people were selected to speak to you (so, just like from any recruiter, don't take everything at face value).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys. I really appreciate your feedback and comforting words.

Good luck with your interview. I will pray for you. I'm sure you will do fine. My interview is March 21st, so I will definitely need some prayers then. :) Let me know how your interview goes; maybe you can give me some helpful advice for mine! :luck:

it was great. Megan Price is the bomb. She is so cool. I love that Lady. She is the positive image of VCOM. you will love it. Interview went by really fast, except the last hour where they talk about the money, haha. You will be ok. I was nervous as hell, but it was very relaxing!!!

it was great. Megan Price is the bomb. She is so cool. I love that Lady. She is the positive image of VCOM. you will love it. Interview went by really fast, except the last hour where they talk about the money, haha. You will be ok. I was nervous as hell, but it was very relaxing!!!

Yeah, I have my VCOm interview in three weeks. Very excited about it. Good to hear positive feedback. Who interviewed you? What sort of questions? I'm interested in hearing about this Simpleman.

Zim Doc...
see Dctrgreen above... i was interviewed in Dec and everything went as described. it is important for you to articulate why medicine, especially why DO and especially VCOM. be sure you understand the fundamental differences (do/md). psychbender is right for the most part, but they were curious in my case why VCOM. that seemed important to two of my three interviewers. also be relaxed and be honest. even the "hard" interview, which i felt uncomfortable with turned out ok. i know i'm just restating the obvious but in my case it worked. also, remeber by the interview, they've knocked out a huge % of the field...

Thanks Nusovastud!

That definitely clarified some things!!

Hi all,

I'm making travel arrangements for my interview on the 21st. Where did you all stay? I saw that Comfort Inn offers transportation from/to the airport/school. Did anyone stay here, and if so, do you recommend it? I'm just looking for somewhere quiet and relaxing. Any advice on where to stay, interviewing, things to do and see in Blacksburg and really anything else would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)

Hi all,

I'm making travel arrangements for my interview on the 21st. Where did you all stay? I saw that Comfort Inn offers transportation from/to the airport/school. Did anyone stay here, and if so, do you recommend it? I'm just looking for somewhere quiet and relaxing. Any advice on where to stay, interviewing, things to do and see in Blacksburg and really anything else would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)

Holiday Inn is great. They have Shuttle that will take you. They have a complementary breakfast. I swam the night before it in the swimming pool so i can get tired and go to sleep. Really works out for you. I GOT IN!!!! VCOM. You are going to love the people and the environment. The facility is small, but its ok i guess. Make sure you leave at least 30 mins from the hotel, b/c the shuttle driver got lost getting to VCOM. He has been working in Blacksburg for 5 years and still didnt know where the school was. But now he should know. Its a bit tricky to get to!! Just be yourself in the interview.

I had one interesting question that you should be aware of: If you are in one room and saw a diabetic patient who had a cut off leg and then you moved on to the next room and you see a patient who has Congestive Heart Failure, what would you feel, how would you react, tell me what would be going on your head?

Why VCOM, Why DO, Why Medicine, what specialty you wanna get into, etc.. Just relax :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I liked VCOM too...it was a tough decision for me. I was also impressed with Megan (she was a riot) and all three of my interviewers were attentive and just overall pleasant people.

Just got an e-mail from Bea Jones saying that they have been trying to reach my by phone..she wants to talk about my application..hope this is "the call"

:luck:

Called her back and I got an interview:thumbup: yeah!! I will be there on the 21st.

Called her back and I got an interview:thumbup: yeah!! I will be there on the 21st.

awesome!!!! you will rock it. I hope to see u there on student acceptance day, which is on the 31st. :)

Hey guys,

I have a second bedroom I can let anyone use that has an interview. The apartment's right across the street from VCOM, has cable, a large screen TV, movies, internet, kitchen, food, and private bath. $40 for those who are not interested in paying more for a crappy hotel in C-burg or Radford.

J

Hey

I'm very interested in staying at your place. I arrive on Monday afternoon to Roanoke airport. I need a place for Monday and Tuesday. That will be a great help. Please PM as soon as you can and we cn make arrangements!

hi everyone was wondering if anyone has an interview on the 3rd of april. i finaly got my call and am so excited a little nervous cos its a bit late in the game. please would you all pray for me i really need this acceptance. any tips for the interview?

Don't sweat the late interviews. I didn't interview until late in April, and everyone in my group was accepted. Of course, that was 2 years ago and the number of apps has increased significantly since then, but don't worry about it. 2 of my interviews were very laid back (one interview we talked about France and windsurfing almost the entire time), but one interviewer gave me some difficult questions. I would be prepared to ask questions about VCOM. I know of one interviewer who likes to have you ask all the questions, so be ready just in case. Good luck and don't stress out. they really are very laid back.

thanks. do you have any ideas about what type of questions to ask?

Damn,
the VCOM interview is really nice and not stressful at all, they really really want to know who you are and what motivates you and your goals. Just be yourself and make sure you read over you primary and secondary..most of my questions came from my application..I was really impressed that they read all of my essays! So know what you wrote and you should be fine. One interviewer did have a list of questions that he asked..what are your strengths/weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in 10 years and what kind of practice? 3 Material objects that are important to you? What determines self worth.

I really enjoyed my interview and loved VCOM hope you will too.

Good luck

Exigente:luck:

i had my interview and it was very nice. all 3 interviewers were friendly and pleasant. am crossing my fingers though cos they said they have no more spots and are waiting n 5 replies. there board met today and i heard they already have 6 people on there waiting list and they are going up to 50. has anyone heard from vcom of late about acceptances?

i had my interview and it was very nice. all 3 interviewers were friendly and pleasant. am crossing my fingers though cos they said they have no more spots and are waiting n 5 replies. there board met today and i heard they already have 6 people on there waiting list and they are going up to 50. has anyone heard from vcom of late about acceptances?

Glad that you had a good interview!! I told you;) Don't really have any news on the acceptances. Good luck:luck:

I saw you guys who interviewed a couple days ago, nice looking group of people. Unfortunately I have heard the same that the class of 2011 is already full and they are now filling up the wait list. If I find out any more information, I will be glad to pass it on.