VCU DPT 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTdreamer1217

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I applied to the VCU DPT program (Class of 2020), not ED. I'm getting antsy about hearing from them. Has anyone who did not apply ED heard from them yet?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard and got in about 2 weeks ago! I think they took like 15-20 people then. I was not ED. I know there were a lot of people that are still waiting to hear though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard and got in about 2 weeks ago! I think they took like 15-20 people then. I was not ED. I know there were a lot of people that are still waiting to hear though.

Will you be accepting? How long did they give you to make your decision?

Has anyone made a Facebook group yet? I know it's early on but I'm looking for places to live!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone made a Facebook group yet? I know it's early on but I'm looking for places to live!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats on getting in! I am a current first-year, and you will actually be receiving a Facebook group invite within the next few weeks probably. Just be on the lookout for an email about the group!

They sent out a wave of acceptances yesterday!

Have the January acceptances gone out yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
I reached out to the student services administrator at VCU earlier this month, and was told they were still in the process of making decisions. They are planning to inform all applicants by March. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone recieved anything: acceptance, rejection, or waitlist between now and January, still anxiously waiting....

Has anyone recieved anything: acceptance, rejection, or waitlist between now and January, still anxiously waiting....
I know they have a class of 54 students and the Facebook group has 65 students. Are you out of state? I know they only accept 5 to 10 students from out of state.

VCU sent me an email on 2/21/17 asking if I wanted to be placed on their wait list

Don't lose hope though!! you never know!!
I know they have a class of 54 students and the Facebook group has 65 students. Are you out of state? I know they only accept 5 to 10 students from out of state.
I am out of state, which lowers chances more, although I did not see any out of state on facebook group, thanks for the help!

I got a letter in the mail saying they were "unable to offer me admission for the summer of 2016" which wasn't even the year I applied for lol whoever typed up my letter didn't even bother to proof read it. So professional :(

Reactions: 1 users
Got the rejection letter today. Pretty disheartening, especially after various conversations with a member of the admissions board "strongly encouraging me to apply early decision," and emphasizing "total application package consideration and value of military service." Thanks for the mems guys.