-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VCU DPT c/o 2021
Started by sconnors
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hi. did anyone apply to VCU? I wanted to start a thread so we can see when (and how) people are being notified. Since they don't have interviews, I assume it will just be an acceptance, wait list, or rejection. Has anyone heard anything yet?
I applied early decision and was deferred to regular decision on September 14th but wasn't told a date/time frame I would hear back about regular decision except for before April 1st which is kind of a given!
I applied regular admission but haven't heard back!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1st year vcu student. Last year regular decision acceptances started going out soon but they do them in waves. Some of my classmates got theirs around this time last year but I didn't get mine til right before Christmas. I think they had the class filled by end of January last year with a couple people putting down deposits but then dipping for other schools so a handful of wait list people got in after that point.
.
Did you apply regular or early decision?I just got my acceptance today from VCU!!! 🙂
Not sure if I'm going yet - going to go to the open house and still waiting for a couple of decisions!
I applied regular decision!Did you apply regular or early decision?
I just got my acceptance today from VCU!!! 🙂
Not sure if I'm going yet - going to go to the open house and still waiting for a couple of decisions!
That's fantastic! Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?
I just got my acceptance today from VCU!!! 🙂
Not sure if I'm going yet - going to go to the open house and still waiting for a couple of decisions!
Were you notified via email??
Yes, I was notified through email!Were you notified via email??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Undergrad: Virginia TechThat's fantastic! Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?
Major: Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise / Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.71
Science/Math GPA: 3.46
GRE Scores: Q156 V152 AW4.0
Hours: 186 outpatient (volunteer), 40 inpatient (volunteer)
Additional: Dean's Honor List, pre-PT club, leadership in pre-health honor society and Japanese Cultural Association, layout designer for school art magazine, member of the marching band for two years, work at the Writing Center
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 research professor
Undergrad: Virginia Tech
Major: Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise / Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.71
Science/Math GPA: 3.46
GRE Scores: Q156 V152 AW4.0
Hours: 186 outpatient (volunteer), 40 inpatient (volunteer)
Additional: Dean's Honor List, pre-PT club, leadership in pre-health honor society and Japanese Cultural Association, layout designer for school art magazine, member of the marching band for two years, work at the Writing Center
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 research professor
Thanks for sharing! Our stats are almost identical. I hope I get an acceptance, too!!!
Ahhh that's awesome! Best of luck to you!Thanks for sharing! Our stats are almost identical. I hope I get an acceptance, too!!!
If anyone also applied to ODU, they called accepted people last night
Do you know if they'll be accepting more people in waves? Or should I count myself out for ODU?If anyone also applied to ODU, they called accepted people last night
I was accepted to ODU on Jan 13th last year, so maybe in wavesDo you know if they'll be accepting more people in waves? Or should I count myself out for ODU?
Thank you! So far I'm really happy with my options but ODU and VCU are the last two I'm hoping to get into. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!I was accepted to ODU on Jan 13th last year, so maybe in waves
Undergrad: Virginia Tech
Major: Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise / Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.71
Science/Math GPA: 3.46
GRE Scores: Q156 V152 AW4.0
Hours: 186 outpatient (volunteer), 40 inpatient (volunteer)
Additional: Dean's Honor List, pre-PT club, leadership in pre-health honor society and Japanese Cultural Association, layout designer for school art magazine, member of the marching band for two years, work at the Writing Center
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 research professor
IThanks for sharing! Our stats are almost identical. I hope I get an acceptance, too!!!
I also just got accepted and I go to Virginia Tech in HNFE!!Undergrad: Virginia Tech
Major: Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise / Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.71
Science/Math GPA: 3.46
GRE Scores: Q156 V152 AW4.0
Hours: 186 outpatient (volunteer), 40 inpatient (volunteer)
Additional: Dean's Honor List, pre-PT club, leadership in pre-health honor society and Japanese Cultural Association, layout designer for school art magazine, member of the marching band for two years, work at the Writing Center
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 research professor
I was wondering, what made you guys want to go to VCU for PT? I applied because of the cost, but other than that, I know nothing about their program. What makes VCU PT so great?
I'm asking because right now, I love Drexel and GW, but because VCU had no interview day, I don't know if I like it there or not.
I'm asking because right now, I love Drexel and GW, but because VCU had no interview day, I don't know if I like it there or not.
Those going to accepted students day, are you bringing anyone with you?
I was wondering, what made you guys want to go to VCU for PT? I applied because of the cost, but other than that, I know nothing about their program. What makes VCU PT so great?
I'm asking because right now, I love Drexel and GW, but because VCU had no interview day, I don't know if I like it there or not.
I am a current second year in the program, so I can try to give you some insight into VCU. I was in your boat a couple of years ago deciding between VCU and a couple out of state schools that would be double/triple the cost. The affordability brought me to VCU, and quite honestly, I think it should for you too. At the end of the day, you will receive a DPT degree making the same salary (most likely) were you to go to another school, and I am sure you'd want the least amount of debt possible. That being said, VCU is a top 20 program and it really shows. I have enjoyed my time at VCU and think it was the best choice I could have made. One thing for the future incoming classes is that you will be in the new building starting in Fall 2019 if all goes as planned. This is going to be a state of the art building that will only enhance your education. Also, the faculty at VCU are top notched. We have professors that have been extremely involved in the APTA, are globally known, and are super successful in the field. Also, the fact that you are part of the VCU Health System means that you will get some great experience in the hospital right next to the building. You will gain a lot of exposure, and learn a lot in the process!
These are just a couple reasons why VCU is a great choice. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to reach out. Also, look into going to one of the Open Houses (next weekend and in February) to learn a little bit more if you have a chance!
Those going to accepted students day, are you bringing anyone with you?
Second year here. Students have brought entire families, significant others, or even just went alone. There's a mix so if you plan on bringing somebody with you, you definitely won't be alone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the dress code for the open house the same as an interview?
Hey y'all! What was the decision due date for those who have been accepted? Just wondering if and when a second wave of acceptances may go out....![]()
The deposit deadline is 1/16, but they're asking for a verbal commitment if we can give one by 1/8. So they may have a list ready to send out soon after the 16th.
Current Vcu student. Dress better than jeans and a t shirt but not to the level of coat and tie and you’ll be fine.Is the dress code for the open house the same as an interview?
Anyone know what we do at the Open House? Is there a presentation or do we just walk around and talk to people?
If it's like the one I went to in July, Dr. Wheeler and Dr. Mayhew will give a presentation on the program, answer any questions, and give a tour of the facility. We didn't get to talk to any current students then, but I'm assuming they'll probably have some available since this one is for accepted students.
If it's like the one I went to in July, Dr. Wheeler and Dr. Mayhew will give a presentation on the program, answer any questions, and give a tour of the facility. We didn't get to talk to any current students then, but I'm assuming they'll probably have some available since this one is for accepted students.
There will be current students there and they make time for you to ask them questions.
I am a current second year in the program, so I can try to give you some insight into VCU. I was in your boat a couple of years ago deciding between VCU and a couple out of state schools that would be double/triple the cost. The affordability brought me to VCU, and quite honestly, I think it should for you too. At the end of the day, you will receive a DPT degree making the same salary (most likely) were you to go to another school, and I am sure you'd want the least amount of debt possible. That being said, VCU is a top 20 program and it really shows. I have enjoyed my time at VCU and think it was the best choice I could have made. One thing for the future incoming classes is that you will be in the new building starting in Fall 2019 if all goes as planned. This is going to be a state of the art building that will only enhance your education. Also, the faculty at VCU are top notched. We have professors that have been extremely involved in the APTA, are globally known, and are super successful in the field. Also, the fact that you are part of the VCU Health System means that you will get some great experience in the hospital right next to the building. You will gain a lot of exposure, and learn a lot in the process!
These are just a couple reasons why VCU is a great choice. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to reach out. Also, look into going to one of the Open Houses (next weekend and in February) to learn a little bit more if you have a chance!
Thanks for this info!!! Do you think there is still time to be accepted or have they sent out a majority of the acceptances? I had heard that plenty of people still get in in January, but now I'm starting to doubt that!!
Thanks for this info!!! Do you think there is still time to be accepted or have they sent out a majority of the acceptances? I had heard that plenty of people still get in in January, but now I'm starting to doubt that!!
I can't speak for admissions for this year, but in the past many people that are students now were accepted after the first round of acceptance offers.
Anyone know what we do at the Open House? Is there a presentation or do we just walk around and talk to people?
As people have said, it will be some what similar to other information sessions, but Open House will be geared more towards the fact that you are now accepted. There will be many professors there to talk to you about various aspects of the program, Drs. Mayhew/Wheeler will discuss more program specifics (including clinical education), and there will be a Q&A with some students. I will be there this Saturday, so I am sure I will meet a few of you
Has anyone heard from VCU in January? I'm expecting that they'll be sending out another wave of acceptances sometime soon since those accepted last month had until the 16th to decide. Getting super antsy over here!
Has anyone heard from VCU in January? I'm expecting that they'll be sending out another wave of acceptances sometime soon since those accepted last month had until the 16th to decide. Getting super antsy over here!
You're not alone in being antsy. I would really like to hear something soon... ANYTHING!
I'm right there with you guys. I just want to know something. Also- unrelated but your username rocks.Has anyone heard from VCU in January? I'm expecting that they'll be sending out another wave of acceptances sometime soon since those accepted last month had until the 16th to decide. Getting super antsy over here!
I'm right there with you guys. I just want to know something. Also- unrelated but your username rocks.
I guess it's good to know that we're all in the same boat, even if it's a boat of stress!
(Also glad to know there are some fellow Office fans around 😉
) Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're not alone in being antsy. I would really like to hear something soon... ANYTHING!
I know! I've gotten to the point where I feel like I'm constantly refreshing my email and it doesn't feel healthy haha. Need to find a way to distract myself!
I am right there with all of you, checking my email way too frequently hoping for some kind of update from VCU haha. Here's hoping we all hear good news soon!Has anyone heard from VCU in January? I'm expecting that they'll be sending out another wave of acceptances sometime soon since those accepted last month had until the 16th to decide. Getting super antsy over here!
I am waiting as well. The two schools that I interviewed at I have been accepted to (Emory & Henry and UNC). I applied to Duke and VCU as well. Duke has been sending me updates, but I have received no word from VCU. I am a VA resident as well!
I'm waiting on the same two schools and a VA resident. Come on people!!! LOL!!
Also a VA resident here! Have you guys put your deposit down elsewhere in the meantime?I'm waiting on the same two schools and a VA resident. Come on people!!! LOL!!
