VCU, Radford, Shenandoah, Lynchburg

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PrePT2017VT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys I'm a current Virginia Tech Junior and will be applying to VCU, Radford, Lynchburg, and Shenandoah next year! Does anyone who was accepted to these schools recently this year (congrats!!) or in the past few years mind sharing their stats (GPA, GRE) with me? Also, did you find any classes particularly helpful to take as an undergrad to help prepare you for PT? Lastly, how many shadowing hours did you have an in what settings? Thank you all for your help! I'm just looking to prepare the best I can 🙂
 
Hi,
I applied to lynchburg this year and was accepted!
Overall and last 60 hour GPA: 3.7
Pre-req- 3.6
GRE: 149 Q, 148 V, 3.0 AW
300 shadowing hours in pediatrics, 210 in a outpatient clinic & 60 in a skilled nursing facility
Graduated with a Psychology Degree with minors in Biology and Spanish from The University of Texas at Arlington in May 2015.

Good luck applying!! Did you take the GRE yet?
 
I applied to Radford and Lynchburg this year - got accepted to Radford and haven't heard anything from Lynchburg yet.
Overall GPA : 3.71
Prereq: 3.57
152Q 158V 4.0
120 hours at two outpatient clinics but observed a wide variety of patients

Good luck with your app and I hope you hear some good news next cycle!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to Radford and Lynchburg this year - got accepted to Radford and haven't heard anything from Lynchburg yet.
Overall GPA : 3.71
Prereq: 3.57
152Q 158V 4.0
120 hours at two outpatient clinics but observed a wide variety of patients

Good luck with your app and I hope you hear some good news next cycle!

Bap03, will you be going to Radford or go to Lynchburg if you get accepted? Have you heard any good things about Lynchburg? The tuition is pretty high and that scares me... but if its a really good school I wouldn't mind taking out the loans. Not to many forums for the school, I guess its because its a new program ? Have you heard any good or bad things? :shrug:

Thank you!!
 
Bap03, will you be going to Radford or go to Lynchburg if you get accepted? Have you heard any good things about Lynchburg? The tuition is pretty high and that scares me... but if its a really good school I wouldn't mind taking out the loans. Not to many forums for the school, I guess its because its a new program ? Have you heard any good or bad things? :shrug:

Thank you!!

Unfortunately I've heard very little about Lynchburg. I heard the facilities are very nice but that's about it. I would go check it out for myself but I live in North Carolina and can't make the trip to every school I applied to. Tuition for me at Radford will be about the same since I'm out of state, and I'd rather not take out that much in loans either. Still waiting to hear from cheaper options, but I'll go to Radford if I don't get in somewhere else
 
I got accepted into Lynchburg, and loved it when I visited. The facilities are brand new, beautiful, high tech. Professors were approachable and kind. The opportunities available are awesome--international service trips, working with disabled children, the free clinic for the community right inside the same building. I'm having a hard time deciding if the private school loans are really worth it if there is a cheaper option available since the end result is the same. For what it's worth for anyone deciding, though, it really does seem like a wonderful school.
 
Woah, I love the idea of a international service trip and working with disabled children!! Did you put in your deposit and accept just in case CVS29452? I accepted and put in my deposit but I'm in the same boat as you are. I will hear from a cheaper in state school by the end of the month. :nailbiting:
 
I did put in a deposit, but just found out today that I got into VCU which was my top choice, so I'm actually going to have to email them and decline my seat, which will be really difficult since I liked them a lot. I hope that opens a seat for someone else though--whoever gets my seat is going to a great program!