VCU students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohioboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how their class did on the boards? (either one) Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I always think this is such a silly question. I know people who scored in the 90s and I know people who failed. How you do on the boards depends on YOU.

? So it has nothing to do with your professors...and the training you get? And their ability to explain and demonstrate and encourage?

Members don't see this ad :)
You will be learning such a HUGE amount of information that by the end of the year, it'll be unlikely that you've retained all of it. In my opinion, how well you do on the boards will depend on how well and how hard you've studied the decks and other resources.

Oh I see. Thank you for your help. Does the school do anything to help you prepare for your boards? (ie. mock boards, old exams or anything...) Also, is there anything about VCU that you do not care for? I know it is a great school!

Yes, a lot of the professors make it a point to teach to the boards and include a few boards style questions on our regular exams. Classmates also posted up or e-mailed out exam questions just to keep us thinking about it throughout the year. I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about old exams, but either way - official released exams are available for purchase online. No worries. Just work hard, and you'll be fine.

I'm pretty relaxed about school, so there isn't much that I don't care for. Sometimes the subjective grading can get a bit frustrating, especially in removeable prosthetics and carving. Also, you'll learn quickly that some professors know their stuff more than others, so just get feedback from the ones who you think are the most knowledgeable. Hope that helps.

if i were you i wouldn't listen to trookie.. she usually gives bad advice.. but thats beside the pt.

boards are really dependent on you -- and honestly when the time to prepare for them, the school has given you enough detailed information to get the "easy" questions, but the harder questions they haven't covered completely and you need to do your own indepth studying..

if i were you i wouldn't listen to trookie.. she usually gives bad advice.. but thats beside the pt.

Hope you are enjoying our well deserved break... loser. :)