Vcu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JABBAWOCKEE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything yet outside of the ED applicants? I know its only been a little over a week but I'm gettin antsy.

Members don't see this ad.

jpuff did and he wasn't ED... I think it was a couple weeks after his interview that he was notified. It typically takes 2-4 weeks so just be patient ;) It would be nice to see some more people accepted to VCU who frequent these forums.

yea i wasn't ed, but they did interview me with the last round of early decision applicants. it took about 3 weeks to get my letter in the mail... but whether they just took the template from the ed apps or not i don't know cuz it was dated Oct. 24th, and said i had to pay my deposit the same day i got my letter. good luck :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you contacted saying that your application was complete? I submitted everything about a month ago and haven't heard anything from them at all. Everyone else at least sent me a message saying my application was complete.

no... vcu didn't send me n e thing. they just called one day and left a message on my phone cuz i couldn't pick it up asking me if i wanted to come interview. they only gave me like a 5 day notice tho, but i still went. However... they said that they were going to send me a letter in the mail asking me to interview and giving me directions... it's jsut that with such short notice they called to give me all the info. just in case it didn't get there in time. The letter just had an instate tuition form u had to fill out and sign, and an official letter inviting u to interview. I actually called them to make sure my app was complete before doing all this, so i suggest you do the same if you're worried. I know other regulars have been interviewing cuz my friend just went last saturday.

I bet the reason they don't send an email confirming reception of everything is because they don't even have a supplemental. Once PharmCAS sends out to your designations, your file should for VCU should pretty much be complete.

Hello Everyone!!

I have an interview Jan 17th! I'm extremely excited about it. For those of you who have been accepted already, what did you guys think of the entire process?? mcv campus?? and are you mostly instaters or outofstaters?

Thanks! :love:

I'm an out-of-stater. I thought the process was pretty painless actually. You should check the interview feedback section for VCU. It'll provide you with all the info that you will need, including the most frequently asked questions. VCU was definitely not on the top of my list initially but they really sold me on it. The faculty at VCU really seem like they are really there for the students.

On a side note, for those that were accepted ED, were you notified via email or snail mail?

Hey mine is on Jan. 17 too! See you there

Hi, I was wondering if anyone know VCU's minimum PCAT requirement? Especially for out-of-staters? I just emailed them and now waiting for their response. If anyone knows, it would be must appreciated, thanks.

I also got my call last week to go foor the jan 17 interview:) Really excited, at least this time I have more time to prepare- unlike other schools who give a week's notice! Good luck to all.

I just found out I got in! Parents got the letter in the mail today! Interviewed on 11/8. Just have to drop 1000 bucks for deposit now. It kind of sucks that I have accept an offer from a school before I even have my other pharmacy school interviews.

I just found out I got in! Parents got the letter in the mail today! Interviewed on 11/8. Just have to drop 1000 bucks for deposit now. It kind of sucks that I have accept an offer from a school before I even have my other pharmacy school interviews.

Hey Jabbawockee, Are you an in-state interviewee? What did the mail look like? was it a big envelop or regular sized?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from New York. According to my rents, its a regular-sized envelope with two pieces of paper.

Thanks for the info! and thanks for responding so fast!

I recently got accepted to VCU but also have been accepted at some other schools. For current students and those that have also been accepted-
What do you like about the school?
Can you tell me more about where students live?
How do you get to class every day?
What is a typical day like? How does that change from P1-P3?
How often are exams?

Any additional info about VCU that would help me make my decision would be greatly appreciated!

Hi guys,

I got an interview for VCU on March 7, 2009. I'm really nervous right now. Got an tips for acing the interview with them?? When do they mail out the acceptance letter? I heard that if you don't hear back from them like after 6-8 weeks, you're either on the wait list or got reject :( Is that true?

Thanks~

aab717, how long did it take to get your acceptance letter? I interviewed on 2/21 and I think it went really well, but I'm still incredibly nervous. :scared: They said that they take at least 2-3 weeks to make a decision, but they sometimes take longer if you are on the fence and they want to see the next groups of interviewees before making a decision. :(

As for acing the interview, I think you really just need to be calm and personable. The interviews were really really informal and relaxed. I had reviewed all their questions on the interview feedback pages and that basically covered everything. My interviewers really like the situational questions like "name an ethical situation you were in... when were you put at odds with a coworker... what if someone was cheating off you... etc" They also really want you to ask lots of questions about the program. 1/4 of your interview time is for your questions, so make sure to have a lot of things to discuss. I think that makes the most difference. Never just say "oh the tour already answered my questions..." that would be BAD. lol

For those accepted (mine was sent 3.5 weeks from my interview on 1/17) has any one received confirmation from the school acknowledging receipt of their deposit? I tried calling the school a few times but only get the VM, and finally left a message today. Obviously I am not going to email Dean Reinders, but is their an email address for the admissions office?

steelerhokie

I'm in the same situation as you. I sent in my deposit, but haven't heard anything yet. I've just been waiting around. Is there something that we need to be doing in the mean time??

I sent in my deposit and 4 days later I called to verify that they received it and the lady told me they had it, and that they'd be sending out more paperwork soon.

Baller4:

I talked to Melissa at the school yesterday, and she confirmed receipt of my deposit, yay! Just make sure any and all transcripts are sent to the Office of Admissions as well. They said more info will arrive at the earliest June, but they do not plan on spoon-feeding us (which is acceptable). I interviewed Jan 17th as well, I was the girl from Pittsburgh.

Everyone else:

Where are you all planning to live? I definately want to live very near to campus, so probably not in the West End. I will be heading to RIC 2nd week of May to look for places, but do not plan on moving until Aug 1 though. Anyone looking for a roomate?

Congratulations to all of you who got in! My interview is tomorrow, hopefully I can join you all next semester, wish me luck!

-Amy

My interview is tomorrow too! I guess I'll see you there!

so i received an acceptance letter, but i stopped midway through my victory dance because i realized that the address in the heading of the letter was not mine...i live in virginia, and the address was one in north carolina, but the letter also mentioned i was accepted as an in-state student. in addition, the second paper listing what else i need to fulfill include 2 classes that im aware that i am missing and am currently taking. it also lists that i need to send transcripts from my current school and the community college that i had taken classes at. should i assume that i was accepted and that the only error was typing the wrong address?

today is saturday, but i did call their office to leave a message. i really cannot wait until monday to start celebrating. its spring break, for christs sake

wow, that does sound really nerve-wrecking, but I think that from what you described, they just had the wrong address.

Hey Amy! What did you think of the interview today? I didn't see you in the student lounge. They definitely got me 100% interested in the school. I hope I get accepted!

Good luck to both of us!!

HEy!!! i was great to meet you at the interview..I thought the people there were really nice and chill. I hope we both get in too!

Yea, all of my questions were answered so I left afterward..

Keep in touch so we can stay undated with each other! =]

I'm so nervous!! for those of you who got accepted--- how long did you wait?

what was the essay like for those of you who have already interviewed? what about the rest of the interview process? what kind of questions did they ask? Thanks!

what was the essay like for those of you who have already interviewed? what about the rest of the interview process? what kind of questions did they ask? Thanks!

The essay is just an exercise to see if you can come up with a cohesive thought in the time you are given (40 minutes). The question has no right or wrong answers and are mostly scenario questions like what would you do if...

You have two interview sessions- one asks more academic stuff and the other more work/situational questions. Each has a faculty or alumni and a student. All they have is the extracurricular sheet you filled out in PHARMCAS. It's laid back...don't be too nervous and be honest. Definietly try to have some questions for them as well.

The tour is given by a student or students depending on how many are there that day. Don't heistate to ask questions.

You will have a personal schedule when you get there.

I hope this helps.

OMG I just got my acceptance letter!!!!!! I'm sending the deposit on monday!!!! There is one little hang up about my pre-reqs that will have me taking a very boring intro general chemistry class this summer.... but whatever. My university goes through the entire textbook in one semester, not two, so I'm lacking 4 credit hours. :mad:

but yeah, time for apartment searching!!! see you all in August!!!!! :love:

Now that people have been accepted, what is everyone doing about financial aid?

I was fortunate enough to have my parents help me out with undergrad so this will be new for me. I already filled out my FAFSA. I did not include parent information as I have been living on my own for the past 2 years. Does anyone know if it's required? Does anyone know when we will be receiving info from VCU about financial aid status?

What kind of loans/scholarships are people applying to?

yeah, I need to figure out the loans as well. My FAFSA is already in to VCU as well, so I'm just going to give financial aid a call or email and see what they say. Hopefully financial aid stuff will be in the next mailing because I need loans for both tuition and apartment rent plus living expenses :-\ I am broke.

i submitted my pharmcas for VCU at the deadline....how long do you guys think it would take for them to respoond?

also, how many interview dates did they say they have..if they mentioned it?

thanks!

aab717:

I spoke with the FA office the other day, and as long as you claim yourself an independent (ie taxes) then no need to include your parent info. The rest of the info to use is on this link, but I am sure you all have been there
http://www.pharmacy.vcu.edu/sub/prospective/finaid.aspx

As far as finding out, I have not received any info on that yet. I am in the same boat as you, parents took care of undergrad, but I am choosing to take care of the prof. degree. If you hear anything let me know/PM me. Thanks!

anyone from 3/7 interview hear back yet????

Anyone from the February 28th interview hear of anything yet? It's been 4 weeks I haven't heard anything :(

OMG I just got my acceptance letter!!!!!! I'm sending the deposit on monday!!!! There is one little hang up about my pre-reqs that will have me taking a very boring intro general chemistry class this summer.... but whatever. My university goes through the entire textbook in one semester, not two, so I'm lacking 4 credit hours. :mad:

but yeah, time for apartment searching!!! see you all in August!!!!! :love:

I'd rather take an intro general chemistry class over the summer than have to do 24 credits this semester as well as 3 more classes during the summer, which are going to be electives because apparently I'm not well-rounded :(

So no one from the 2/28 interview is on this forum? It's been 4 weeks and I still haven't gotten anything from the school. I wonder if this means I got waitlisted or rejected... Anyone from 2/28 got anything yet? For those who were not on 2/28 and got their acceptance letter did it take more than 4 weeks for some of you or was it exactly 3 weeks. Thanks. :mad:

I also interviewed February 28th and I still haven't heard anything either. :annoyed:

I interviewed 3/7.. VCU sent out a letter-- did anyone else call to check up on their application status??? i'm soooooooo nervous!! VCU is my #1 choice-- i don't want to go all the way to buffalo :(

Are you saying you called VCU and they said they sent decision letters out. I interviewed on 3/14 and they said 2-4 weeks however I just go accepted to another school and have to have my deposit to them by next Monday. VCU is also my first choice. Hopefully I hear something by Thurday.

Does anyone know if there are going to be anymore interviews?

I just found out that I was accepted at VCU :D!!! I will most likely be going there since it is close to home for me :). Good luck to the rest of you still waiting. I interviewed in March.

I just got my acceptance letter!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY.. this me me right now!!! :soexcited: Good luck to everyone else!!!

congratulations to all of you guys! I still haven't heard anything back yet, i hope that doesn't mean I've been wait-listed or rejected...:( Was the acceptance letter a regular size envelope?

Congrats guys! Look forward to meeting you all in the Fall :)