VENT HERE, pure and simple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by Tweetie_bird

"So today I get an email from the school saying "Application status" and it only turns out to be an email that is informing me that my baackground check was done and it came out clean."

Well, at least they were doing a background check! I doubt they would go that far if they were not somewhat interested! Maybe things will work out for you after all. I am rooting for you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reading this thread makes me feel better about the relative pettiness of my problems (rooting for you, Tae) while simultaneously filling me with righteous indignation both on my own behalf and that of all the other SDNers on this thread.

And, dammit, a toMAto on my CAR!

PS And I think I have a wart on my finger. Ugh.

Boy life is really pissing me off right now.
I spent 5yrs getting a degree I don't want.
Another 3yrs and a couple of months at a job I hate.
And have been rejected from 2-3 schools maybe more and haven't heard anything except we have you application from others.
On top of that, Biscuit (my puppy) pisses everywhere and he always sits under my chair while I am on the computer and passes toxic gas.
Dogs have it great.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Biscuit
On top of that, Biscuit (my puppy) pisses everywhere and he always sits under my chair while I am on the computer and passes toxic gas.

my pets pee everywhere, too. and my cat - he eats dirt and the fuzzies off the carpet and then pukes them up. a few fries short of a happy meal, that one is.

Originally posted by Biscuit
always sits under my chair while I am on the computer and passes toxic gas.
Dogs have it great.:laugh:

:laugh:
you should get a cat. their gas is not usually so terrible.
:laugh:

i volunteer in a nicu, and this one little baby must have farted like 10 or 15 times in a 2 hour period. whoa! luckily it did not stink.

GGRRRRRRR. can i tell you how lame this english class i'm taking as a premed requirement is??? it's so pointless, espeically when i know many schools would laugh if they found out i was doing it. i have a BA and an MS... why do i need an english composition class? i've written a thesis!!!

Originally posted by DrLady
Thanks to the original poster who started this vent thread. I need to vent!

I am so tired! I have an exam tomorrow,

Well, so today i ran 3 miles in 25 min., feeling esp. happy about my workout

Then, hopefully after 5pm, i am going to go to sleep till the next morning finally!!!! :)

Also, I am single too.., but I am surrounded by friends who have bfs or atleast someone who likes them. I am sick of being single sometimes, but then on other times, i love being independent and not having stress of being in a relationship as i have seen some of the other friends do. Ugh.. :mad:

I am tired, and sleepy and just....disappointed in things that are turning out this week!

Thanks for letting me vent. Now, i feel really better and now i can study for my exam, in which I am going to do fine, i think. I just hope that I will be able to survive till wednesday evening! Wow..this was really therapeutic!

Just wanted to quote everything that reminded me of me! :) i ran 3 miles in a little under 25 minutes today (woohoo to you and me both!). as for the boy situation....i'm with ya! i don't even have any crushes on anyone so there's no one to get all, well, floopy about when i see them or talk to them or whatever...:(

i haven't slept in a few days....

my computer died two days ago and i may lose everything on it (thank GOD i saved most of my med school and fellowship applications to disk...one good thing about not having a printer is that i have to transport files somehow!)....but i won't know until tomorrow because even though the computer was ready this afternoon, i couldn't get to the place until 5:30...half an hour after it closed!!! :( another night without internet in my dorm room (i'm in the library computer lab now). ok, drlady...see you later, maybe?? back to work...*sigh*

3 chem tests and 2 english papers+part-time work+waking up too early in the morning+getting too little sleep+waiting for med schools to give me some sign of life= HELL!!! :mad: +pissed+
screama.gif
mad.gif
po.gif
mad1.gif
mumumani.gif
newburn.gif

**** **** mother****er ****

i don't have any interviews till ****ing march, and i don't get to find out whether i'm in or not until june.

**** **** mother****er **** ****

This is a long and tedious (sp?) process. I really feel for all of you. I'm just glad you guys can fess up when things are going 'not so well'. Sometimes it's just better to be real.

At my last interview I was sitting with a bunch of fake @$$ girls who started acting like we were best friends just cuz we were at the same table.

I just found out I was accepted into my first choice and instead of being happy for me, my boyfriend is pissed that I returned the ugly watch he gave me christmas. WHO CARES ABOUT A DUMB WATCH!

So now I've got the fall semester grade dilemma. I did really well in all my classes except this damn Evolution class, which was my only science course for the semester. Basically I spent the entire semester trying to please a TA who thought I was a *****, mostly because I'm female and blonde I think, which just pisses me off SO much. So I've got my lowest grade in ANY class EVER, thanks to my ***** of a TA and the prof that did not seem to care how hard I was trying. So now, do I send the scores or not? Cause it pulls my gpa down, but I everything else, except this grade, is really good. I'm irritated as hell right now, happy christmas present, you got screwed!
:mad: :mad:

1)I am sick of living on pre-packaged crackers with peanut butter..you know, the ones they sell for 25 cents.
2) I am sick of memorizing organic reactions.
3) I am sick of driving a beat up old car with 200K plus miles on it..ready to die any day.
4) I am sick of studying.

AAAAAAAAHHHHH--MUCH BETTER.:D

1) I'm sick of studying/writing/dedicating my life to the MCAT and always getting a crappy verbal score (last was a high of 7, total 27Q).

2) I'm sick of putting my life on hold for med school, I feel I can't really live or enjoy my life until I get in... its complicated...

3) I'm sick of waiting for my bf to come back to live in Canada (he's working internationally)

4) I really want Jerry Springer to be on AFTER I come from back from work not while I'm working LOL

so yeah first three I'm serious about last one whatever....

Peace

1) I'm wondering why I still get zits when I'm stressed at 25. Why did everyone tell me that this problem would go away when I was out of high school? They lied.

2) I was put on hold at OHSU. It's my state school...was my best interview by far and I already live in portland. Ack. I've spent a few afternoons kicking the wall and nursing a beer. Okay, several beers.

3) I have no clothes. None. No money to buy new ones. Spending it all on beer.

I'm sick of schools that wait until the end of the interview season before they send out rejections because they don't have the balls to do it earlier. They want to cover their a$$ and accept the best people, and then the best ones decline their acceptance anyways and go to a better school. If they can decide on acceptances rolling, they can decide who to reject rolling. I'm so SICK of checking the f--king mailbox every day and not hearing anything from schools that I've interviewed at months ago!

This past semester was PURE H3LL!! +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

First, my GPA dropped to a 3.09 (3.4 overall) because my Biochem class doesn't curve. Then, I got a stupid C+ in dumb genetics because I'm so damn used to taking really hard chem classes and thought genetics would be easy. Now, I'm pretty close to losing my @#$!%!^ scholarship because my grades are too low. On top of that, my grade for research has to be recorded as an "in progress" for a second semester, because the head of the chem department--for whom I've been doing research--was too busy to get around to listening to me for the whole semester, I was the only one in my group of 3 who actually did work, and now I'm gonna be penalized for it because the doctor is at "a loss" for how much time I took to do only 2 stupid preparations and didn't take the research as far as I should have. I HATE RESEARCH!!! I just wanna crawl into a hole in the ground and DIE!!! Why the hell am I going to med school? Why did they pick me?? Don't they know I'm incapable?? ARRRRGGGHH!!! I feel like such a fake!!

+pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

I'm pissed at how RANDOM the process is...

I can interview at an ivy league but apparently a state school doesn't want to give me the time of day yet... why don't you send me mail!!?!!!?!?

What's wrong with this horrific subjective system!? (although i must admit, it would suck if it was completely objective-- as we all know MCATs and GPAs ain't everything).

Please...just hurry your slow admissions butts up and make some letters happen!

:mad: :p

I agree with all the single females on here; everyone on here crying about acceptances, boyfriends, and spouses is getting VERY old. Um, think of how you'd feel if all your relatives except Mom and Dad treated you like a freakish spinster b/c you're not married at 25. Also love the posters on SDN who say "there are too many white people at X school." Uh, there are too many damn white people in America, what's your point? This evil, non-diverse race that I belong to makes up >60% of the US population, so get used to it. Also love the fact that I am associated with slavery b/c of my skin color even though NONE of my ancestors showed up in the U.S. before 1890. Oh yeah, an ex-friend of mine who is 1/2 Mexican (and doesn't look it and speaks little Spanish) once told me that I have had everything handed to me on a silver platter b/c I am white; somehow neglecting the fact that her parents gave her $10,000+, a beautiful new car, and paid a whole bunch of vet bills for her purebred Black Labs. I currently share an '88 Grand Prix with my parents, and you can't even tell it's a grand prix b/c all of the letters except 'X' have fallen off the rear bumper over the years. And I love the car too, greatful for every chance I get to drive it..

Ok so I haven't been accepted to medschool yet - I'm waiting to here from several schools - but I'm not even worried about that (I sleep like a baby) - I feel confident that I will be.

My vent: I recently seperated from my girlfriend (fiancee) AND best friend of 2.5 years, and I am SOOO lonely now. :(
I know that it is for the best with all thats gonna happen in her and my lives in the future. But, for the next ~8 months (till I start medschool) I'm just gonna be crazy lonely as I don't have anyone to spend time with who's that close to me.

When I think about my vent relative to problems of the world and of others here - I feel a bit silly even posting, cause my problems aren't that bad comparatively. BUT this is a vent thread and this is the thing in my life that brings me down.

But all-in-all my lifes great! I'm gonna be a doctor - it's getting closer now- I can feel it! :clap:

Eric