Verbal Score with CBT format?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandulce321

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took a Princeton Review diagnostic, and I don't believe my score.

I got 28/40 and it says I got a 9. Could this be correct? I hope it is, but I don't think it is?

Members don't see this ad.

Each test has its own scale, since these tests are all scaled. It could very well be that your TPR diagnostic had a difficult verbal section and hence lower raw scores produced a higher scaled score. If I were you, I wouldn't rely on your score as heavily until you take a second or even their diagnostic exam. Then take your mean score to see how you are really doing.

Well I was looking at the old AAMCs and a 70% was about a 9, so I guess it could be right. I'm happy... for now :) I'm a retaker that had an awful verbal first time around.

I just took a Princeton Review diagnostic, and I don't believe my score.

I got 28/40 and it says I got a 9. Could this be correct? I hope it is, but I don't think it is?

Although it is true that the PR diag could have had a difficult verbal, I am more inclined to look at the conversion table that the AAMC practice tests provide. I can not remember the scale off the top of my head but I believe a 28 would be an 8 most of the time. Can someone else elaborate for the OP?

Members don't see this ad :)
go with the PR scale. PR scaled diags are specific for the diag. Use AAMC for AAMC PR for PR and Kap for Kap. Which Diag did you take? If you took the second one not bad.

Sorry, my last post does appear that I am advocating using a AAMC conversion scale for a PR test.

What I was attempting to rely was that the AAMC tests are more predictive tests to the real thing than the PR diag. Therefore, a 28 on their test is an eight I believe. I know some tests are harder than others but I do not worry about a hard or easy PR test. I worry about those AAMC tests. So, I would take more emphasis on what those tests tell me and not worry about my PR score. I use all those (PR, EK, Kaplan) for mere practice. Try to get my timing and just plain reading those kinds of passages. I think the EK Verbal is better than PR myself and seem to closest match the AAMC style.

No style is better than an AAMC style at predciting an AAMC test!