Verbal strategies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ipod01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am looking to get feedback on verbal strategies that you guys employed and that worked for you. I have tried several strategies like the MAPS and just going through the passages without underlining anything or doing MAPS but still my verbal scores seem to fluctuate a lot. I got 9, 11, 10, 13, then again 10, 9, and 11. It just seemed to fluctuate a lot.
Right now, i just go through the passage without doing any MAPS and straight to the question but still that gets me around 10/11 but I want to do better. IS there a better strategy.
I have the MCATs this saturday so please provide some input. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I am looking to get feedback on verbal strategies that you guys employed and that worked for you. I have tried several strategies like the MAPS and just going through the passages without underlining anything or doing MAPS but still my verbal scores seem to fluctuate a lot. I got 9, 11, 10, 13, then again 10, 9, and 11. It just seemed to fluctuate a lot.
Right now, i just go through the passage without doing any MAPS and straight to the question but still that gets me around 10/11 but I want to do better. IS there a better strategy.
I have the MCATs this saturday so please provide some input. Thanks!

There really isn't anything you can drastically change in 3 days ... but here are plenty of strategies:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=223930

:thumbup:

It's fine to change your strategies when you start studying, but not this late. Use the strategy you've been using. Changing things up now could easily throw you off your game and result in a bad score.