Verdict on FA for Step 2CK 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knockoutMice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody using it? :)
I could not find any reviews anywhere. I am debating whether to buy it or not :confused:
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks & good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

FA is too long and poorly organized. I'd suggest step up or secrets done quickly combined with uworld +/- kaplan. Questions are the most important thing and you should do as many as possible. But if you have a ton of time FA won't hurt. I'd just suggest step up or secrets if you had to choose one or the other.

IMO uworld > Kaplan but uworld + kaplan = awesome

FA is too long and poorly organized. I'd suggest step up or secrets done quickly combined with uworld +/- kaplan. Questions are the most important thing and you should do as many as possible. But if you have a ton of time FA won't hurt. I'd just suggest step up or secrets if you had to choose one or the other.

IMO uworld > Kaplan but uworld + kaplan = awesome

When you say Kaplan which Kaplan books/questions are you refering to? Kaplan Qbank? Master the boards? Kaplan lecture-subject books?

When you say Kaplan which Kaplan books/questions are you refering to? Kaplan Qbank? Master the boards? Kaplan lecture-subject books?

The online qbank mainly because it has more questions and is on the computer like the real test. Based on my score uworld is absolutely key. Depending on time constraints I'd do a quick read of the material in step-up (what I mainly used) or secrets (did about half near the end and thought it was better and faster) then kaplan and finish with uworld. Do a couple practice tests here and there too. If you are shorter on time maybe a quick read and then uworld. It's totally dependent on the effort and time you can/want to put in. Questions are more important because you've spent the entire last year studying the material pretty hard so hopefully at most the read will just be a good refresher.