Verification of old observation hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CareerSwitcheroo

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan to apply this upcoming cycle and I have several observation hours from different facilities that I volunteered at over a couple years ago. I would still like to use them on my application. I know for a fact that the supervising PT staff at those places have either left or would not remember me after this long. In PTCAS, it appears there's an option to submit observation hours without verification. Is that frowned upon? Would admissions still take them into consideration?
 
Some schools require verification. If they do, they will not consider those hours at all. If they don’t, you’re good to go.

If a PT is gone, consider asking a different PT that worked there. If it’s someone who may not remember you, provide them with “proof” you interned there - whether it be a timesheet, names of PTs you observed, etc.
 
I would still try to reach out those place and see if someone can verify your hours. The worst thing that can happen is they will say no. But all of them were in your shoes once, so they may help you out.