Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just checking to see if many people have had their applications verified. I was certified 7/5 but nothing yet on the verification path.

Members don't see this ad.

certified 7/9...no verification yet.

DukeGirlie

Originally posted by ajz:
•I am just checking to see if many people have had their applications verified. I was certified 7/5 but nothing yet on the verification path.•

Not many! You might want to peruse back a few pages in the threads to get an idea of how truly awful & incompetent AMCAS has been! They're now saying it takes them 6 - 8 weeks to get a paper copy of your app to the schools, and that verification takes longer (how much longer left vague -- at least that's consistent, they're pretty vague about everything except money!) :rolleyes:
Welcome to SDN :) and AMCAS hell :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I transmitted and was certified on 7/7 and nothing yet!

Thanks for the info SMW. I did not see the earlier thread, but now I can see that it looks as if I am in the same boat.

Oh well...

Certified 7/13...no button change nor process date yet. received 6 (out of 10 designated schools) secondaries.

Certified on 7/3 and still nothing!! WHY WHY?

"Got AMCAS?" - that's a hilarious quote.

THank GOD I am applying and hearing from Texas schools who have their own system!

I submitted/certified 7/5, and have not been verified. I recently got an e-mail from Dartmouth saying that they've received my AMCAS and that my file's complete. I'm sure they're referring to the "unverified" version.

I transmitted on June 26th. Absolutely no verification - AMCAS staff also told me that for some strange reason mine was passed over - and it will not be verified until sometime in the fall. The only good thing is that the schools I have applied to, understand whats going on and are not waiting for a verified app...

I submitted on 7/8, certified on 7/21, sent out on 8/21 and now I recieve friendly little emails from SCAMCAS every day that tell me that my application has been verified :cool: Isn't AMCAS grand

OK - maybe you guys above can help me since I can't recall the details.... (1) When I take a look at my AMCAS application now it doesn't have the little check mark next to the certification and transmission on that first page. Has it always been like this even though when I print it out it has a date certified and transmitted of 7/7 - I just can't recall and would like to know if something has changed recently. (2) I plan to apply to about 20 schools, and on the last page where it lists the designated schools, all of them have a date but 2 - Albert Einstein and Mount Sinai - do others have a date for these two schools? If you could help, it'd me much appreciated. Thanks!

Originally posted by Zack90:
•OK - maybe you guys above can help me since I can't recall the details.... (1) When I take a look at my AMCAS application now it doesn't have the little check mark next to the certification and transmission on that first page. Has it always been like this even though when I print it out it has a date certified and transmitted of 7/7 - I just can't recall and would like to know if something has changed recently. (2) I plan to apply to about 20 schools, and on the last page where it lists the designated schools, all of them have a date but 2 - Albert Einstein and Mount Sinai - do others have a date for these two schools? If you could help, it'd me much appreciated. Thanks!•

The little check mark disappears if you go into your application for any reason i.e. to make changes, print it out, or even just to see what it would look like printed out. I called AMCAS about it, and that's what they said, so we all know it's the Gospel truth! They also said it would not effect the submission/certification date. :rolleyes: What can you do but hope that in this one instance, they're telling the truth? Probably doesn't matter anyway, since they're not doing things in order by date :(

I also called to find out why 5 of my 22 schools did not have dates next to them. I was told that it didn't matter, if there were any dates at all then the preliminary information was transmitted to all my schools. (Don't you just love their record keeping system? Who's going to verify AMCAS's verifications? is what I'd like to know!) I was a little skeptical, but lo and behold, I started receiving secondaries from some of the schools without dates even before I received them from the dated schools. :eek:

The whole process is getting more than a little unnerving.........

Originally posted by DoctorOneDay:
•I submitted on 7/8, certified on 7/21, sent out on 8/21 and now I recieve friendly little emails from SCAMCAS every day that tell me that my application has been verified :cool: Isn't AMCAS grand•

:confused: DoctorOneDay, How did you submit and certify on such widely spaced dates? I can see how they might be a day apart if you were doing it around midnight, but two whole weeks? Don't you have to certify before you submit? And what does "sent out" mean? I am totally :confused:
And yeah, AMCAS is a piece of work! :eek:

Originally posted by ajz:
•I am just checking to see if many people have had their applications verified. I was certified 7/5 but nothing yet on the verification path.•

md2b posted on another thread, after speaking with the director of AMCAS, that 5,000 apps have been verified (that's out of at least 20,000 submitted so far I would guess).

I submitted/certified on August 1st, and received verification on August 31st. I started to get my secondaries on the 25th or so. I was pretty shocked to see the whole procss run so quickly, since I was planning to wait at least 6 weeks, and had left the country for a bit. I had a nice stack of paperwork waiting for me when I got home though.

If anybody is calling AMCAS soon, do you think it would be a good idea to ask directly how many people applied? Do you think they would answer? It seems a lot of people want to know. I do too. If anybody finds out please post. If I find out I will post, but since I don't plan on calling AMCAS soon, I don't know when that will be.

Good luck in this application process.

Oh, that's nice. Meanwhile, my app's been there for 8.5 weeks untouched (submitted 7/7). Looks like most of us who submitted in early July are screwed.