This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The_Woman_in_the_Arena

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

This is my first post! Hello world!

Anyway, the first time I applied, I submitted my AMCAS 6/20 and was verified 7/14. This time, I submitted my AMCAS on June 1 at 11:59 AM. Transcripts were received 5/8. I checked the official SDN AMCAS verification thread and it seems like a good number of people that submitted around the same time or even a few hours after I did have already been verified. I checked my AMCAS portal and as of 6/7, I am "under review."

I'm sure the verification process isn't super straight-forward or linear since these are actual people and not supercomputers verifying our applications, but should I be worried about how long this is taking, given how early I submitted?
 
Hey! No I wouldn't worry--it looks like they're still reviewing people from day 1: "Processing applications that reached “Ready For Review” status on - June 1, 2017."

You can check which day they are reviewing at this website (under the sign-in button): Applying to Medical School with AMCAS®