Verified!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
They received my last transcript at 10am this morning and just now got verified :):)

I can't see my new GPA though.. How do I know that it got calculated correctly?

Also, in the "Official MCATs" tab, my MCAT scores are there, however if I click on "View Application Summary" none of my MCAT scores are listed. Is that normal?

Members don't see this ad.

They received my last transcript at 10am this morning and just now got verified :):)

Also, in the "Official MCATs" tab, my MCAT scores are there, however if I click on "View Application Summary" none of my MCAT scores are listed. Is that normal?

Don't worry, whatever you saw prior to you sending out your app is what the schools will see. So whatever you saw your GPA as before is the same as it is now as well as your MCAT. Also, congrats :)

Yay med PR, finally:) haha I'm still waiting on my CC one to get in! :/ also if I'm taking a summer school class can I send in updated transcripts after my verification has been done, or during the verification process?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry, whatever you saw prior to you sending out your app is what the schools will see. So whatever you saw your GPA as before is the same as it is now as well as your MCAT. Also, congrats :)

Thank you! The AACOMAS guy said I won't be able to see the GPA until they send files to med schools.

Yay med PR, finally:) haha I'm still waiting on my CC one to get in! :/ also if I'm taking a summer school class can I send in updated transcripts after my verification has been done, or during the verification process?

I think you can send updated ones at any time.

thanks! that's awesome that you got verified so quick!

MedPR, did you wait for them to give you the fee waiver, or did you just go ahead and submit without it? I'm still waiting. :(

MedPR, did you wait for them to give you the fee waiver, or did you just go ahead and submit without it? I'm still waiting. :(

I heard back on June 2 or 3 I think. Was denied :(

That's a bummer. I submitted on Monday. They've had all my transcripts etc for a number of weeks now but they still haven't verified.

That sucks; sorry to hear.

I wonder why it's taking so long for them to get back to me. When was your status changed to "received"? Mine was received on May 17th but still nothing yet.

i am baffled.

i sent my transcript, and was "received" not a week later. i sent my fee waiver, and was accepted about 4 days later.

i am baffled.

i sent my transcript, and was "received" not a week later. i sent my fee waiver, and was accepted about 4 days later.

how did you know if you were "received" for the fee waiver?

I just submitted my aacomas application, still getting verified. When in general will the schools notify the applicant for the secondary/supplemental application?

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
how did you know if you were "received" for the fee waiver?

I just submitted my aacomas application, still getting verified. When in general will the schools notify the applicant for the secondary/supplemental application?

thanks in advance

they sent me one of those support messages to let me know i've been OK'd.

That's awesome--congrats! I submitted my app a few days ago but am still waiting on one transcript. Hoping I will be verified as quick as you were! :xf:

They took out some of my retakes..

That's awesome--congrats! I submitted my app a few days ago but am still waiting on one transcript. Hoping I will be verified as quick as you were! :xf:

So you can submit your app without transcripts being in? And you can do the same without the having your MCAT right?

So you can submit your app without transcripts being in? And you can do the same without the having your MCAT right?

Yes. Right.

So I just got an email from aacomas saying that my application is undelivered. Apparently they say I entered every repeat course incorrectly and they want me to correct it and resubmit.
For those who had multiple repeat courses how did you list them?

ok so if u repeated ochem the first one is listed repeat 01, then the retake of ochem is listed as last repeat 01... then the next class say it's biochem, the first one is biochem 02 repeat, then the repeat of biochem is biochem 02 last repeat... i believe that's how it works

ok so if u repeated ochem the first one is listed repeat 01, then the retake of ochem is listed as last repeat 01... then the next class say it's biochem, the first one is biochem 02 repeat, then the repeat of biochem is biochem 02 last repeat... i believe that's how it works

Yeah I had done something strange like listing the first "last repeat" as L01 regardless of whether or not it corresponded to R01. Anyway, that's confusing. Apparently I fixed it well enough because right after resubmitting they verified it! The verification email said they wont be submitting or releasing applications until the 3rd week of June so I guess we all have to wait anyway.

So I just got an email from aacomas saying that my application is undelivered. Apparently they say I entered every repeat course incorrectly and they want me to correct it and resubmit.
For those who had multiple repeat courses how did you list them?

Say you retook english 100 and history 250.

Original: English 100 = R01
Original: History 250 = R02
Retake: English 100 = L01
Retake: History 250 = L02

and so on.

Also, if you retook a separate lecture/lab with a combined lecture/lab, you won't get credit for the lab retake. For example, you originally took Physics 1 and your university separated the lecture and lab, but your new school combines them. So you have:

Physics 1 Lecture: R03
Physics 1 Lab: None
Physics 1 Lec/Lab Combined: L03

Say you retook english 100 and history 250.

Original: English 100 = R01
Original: History 250 = R02
Retake: English 100 = L01
Retake: History 250 = L02

and so on.

Also, if you retook a separate lecture/lab with a combined lecture/lab, you won't get credit for the lab retake. For example, you originally took Physics 1 and your university separated the lecture and lab, but your new school combines them. So you have:

Physics 1 Lecture: R03
Physics 1 Lab: None
Physics 1 Lec/Lab Combined: L03

Yeah now that I have it all figured out and entered correctly I can't even figure out how I messed it up. I made it much more confusing than it needed to be. Lol

How long does it take to verify an app? I have had all my transcripts in since mid-May. I plan on submitting next week since I'm waiting to hear about my fee waiver.

I looked in the verification thread from last year and they all seemed to take a month to verify. Does it usually take that long?

How long does it take to verify an app? I have had all my transcripts in since mid-May. I plan on submitting next week since I'm waiting to hear about my fee waiver.

I looked in the verification thread from last year and they all seemed to take a month to verify. Does it usually take that long?

I think most here have been reporting a few days to get verified. I submitted Monday and was verified today, even with some coursework errors that they contacted me about to correct.
It is possible that verification could take longer at some future date when maybe more people are submitting though...

3 hours for me.

Seems like next day for most people, but I'm not sure how long that will last.

When are they gonna be sending out the verified applications to medical schools? Although it tells that the release dates would be seen next to school names applied, I guess they will appear after the applications were released.

When are they gonna be sending out the verified applications to medical schools? Although it tells that the release dates would be seen next to school names applied, I guess they will appear after the applications were released.

3rd week of June

This week, starting 6/11?

6/11 is the second week. There are 7 days in a week. So the eleventh is the fourth day of the second week.

6/11 is the second week. There are 7 days in a week. So the eleventh is the fourth day of the second week.

actually, weeks are counted from sunday to saturday (in the US) and since june started on a friday this year, the first week of June had only two days, Fri and Sat.

Sometimes people will add a modified, such as full week to mean a full seven days. In that case we would be in the second full week. However, if someone just states the first, second, third week etc, that just means the lines on the calendar.

So that leaves the second week beginning with the 3rd and the 3rd week (starting with the 10th, not the 11th)

So, we are now in the third week of June and it is reasonable to believe that transmission to schools will begin this week.

This week, starting 6/11?

After reading the post below, I feel I should apologize. I am sorry for my prior rude post :(.

actually, weeks are counted from sunday to saturday (in the US) and since june started on a friday this year, the first week of June had only two days, Fri and Sat.

Sometimes people will add a modified, such as full week to mean a full seven days. In that case we would be in the second full week. However, if someone just states the first, second, third week etc, that just means the lines on the calendar.

So that leaves the second week beginning with the 3rd and the 3rd week (starting with the 10th, not the 11th)

So, we are now in the third week of June and it is reasonable to believe that transmission to schools will begin this week.

:oops:

I guess I better pre-write DO secondaries before MD secondaries.

:oops:

I guess I better pre-write DO secondaries before MD secondaries.[/QUOTE]

I hear that! Its about to begin... :scared:

After reading the post below, I feel I should apologize. I am sorry for my prior rude post :(.
That's okay :). I usually count for the lines of a month to find the week. I should have mentioned this before asking.

Good luck with the secondaries.

For those of you who listed a repeat course in progress as RNY, was the original course you initially labeled as "R01" changed to "RNY" as well?

For those of you who listed a repeat course in progress as RNY, was the original course you initially labeled as "R01" changed to "RNY" as well?

I put mine as R06/L06 because I didn't know about RNY. Both of mine were changed to RNY though.

I put mine as R06/L06 because I didn't know about RNY. Both of mine were changed to RNY though.

Thanks. I thought it was just mine...it's hard to tell if you're doing something wrong unless you see it in others as well.

Application submitted (6/6)
Transcript received (6/12)
Waiting for verification
Schools applied:
Western
CCOM
NOVA
MSU-COM
AZCOM
Touro-NY

** Fingers crossed **

I submitted on 6/5. Still waiting for verification. I wonder why some people get such a quick turnaround?

I submitted 6/5 and was verified yesterday 6/11, so you should hear something soon!

I submitted on 6/5. Still waiting for verification. I wonder why some people get such a quick turnaround?

Submitted 6/4 verified 6/4 but never got an email. I sent in my transcripts the first week of May and entered all my grades in the day apps opened. I think that that affected the speed of the verification because they had already reviewed my transcripts with my entered grades long before apps could be submitted.

Verified! Submitted 6/6, final transcript received 6/8, verified 6/12!

...and for those who are/were wondering, I did get an e-mail stating I have been verified.

Just got an email. Screwed up the course section...fixed and resent. Now I wait again haha

I called them about this because I noticed my retakes weren't being counted as I entered them. They said that the GPA you see is not the final GPA. It could be right/wrong but you don't know until they send you the final calculated GPA. I didn't really understand why it would be different, but that is just what they said to me.

...and for those who are/were wondering, I did get an e-mail stating I have been verified.

Verified! Submitted 6/6, final transcript received 6/8, verified 6/12!

Submitted 6/4 verified 6/4 but never got an email. I sent in my transcripts the first week of May and entered all my grades in the day apps opened. I think that that affected the speed of the verification because they had already reviewed my transcripts with my entered grades long before apps could be submitted.

I submitted 6/5 and was verified yesterday 6/11, so you should hear something soon!

Application submitted (6/6)
Transcript received (6/12)
Waiting for verification
Schools applied:
Western
CCOM
NOVA
MSU-COM
AZCOM
Touro-NY

** Fingers crossed **

Hey guys and gals...you should all go to the ~*~*~*official AACOMAS verification*~*~*~* thread and put your dates up!

Its nice to have them in one central location :thumbup:

Just verified about two hours ago. Submitted 6/5.