Verizon iPhone 4 or Droid X

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just ordered my Thunderbolt! I am having it shipped overnight so I won't get it until tomorrow. BTW, on the website there is a code for free overnight shipping.

I hope I am not too old to figure out how to use this. :laugh:

I was amongst the first on the east coast to get my TB! Was at the verizon store at 845 this am 15 before opening to get a spot in the forming line. You will love it!!

Members don't see this ad.

Starting med school this Fall. Should I get the Verizon iPhone 4 or the Verizon Droid X?

Get the HTC Thunderbolt.

Droids are more flexible, flash friendly, and they browse websites faster. Warning: you WILL lose the "cool" factor necessary to hang out with the coolest Mac-wielding kids at your school. But, IMHO, it's a sacrifice that's worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, how is the thunderbolt for those that got one?

The Thunderbolt is bangin', man! It is soooo much better than I thought it would be. 4G at 30/mo! WHAT!?!? It is no joke, and you get grandfathered into that $30/mo rate when they change it over the summer.

I tested the internet speed and it ranges between 4 and 12 Mbps, which is insanely fast for a phone in my opinion. I'm going to be canceling my broadband internet now.

The phone is easy to use, just like other Android phones and it's fast. I'm loving it.

My one gripe thus far is that I cannot use my headphones to talk on the phone...Or I haven't figured out how to do this yet... I could do that on my old Droid 1, so I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it.

So, I'm running my PC off of my new Thunderbolt and it is blazing fast!

I just ran a speedtest.net on on my connection speed and here is what I got:

Test 1:

1207649085.png

Test 2:

1207650712.png

Test 3:

1207652167.png

Test 4:

1207653483.png

I would say that is pretty impressive! I don't notice a difference between my cable broadband service and the phone when I'm browsing, etc.. Very pleased with the 4G through the Thunderbolt! :D

Holy $*%! I just ran that test on my laptop to see my DSL connection speed. It is only a download of 1.52 Mbps and upload of 0.16 Mbps. :lame:

Moose, when I ordered this phone I knew 4G was faster but i did not know it was this fast! I am little embarrassed to admit that. :oops:

Older nontrad technology naivete strikes again.

Edit: I was lazy - Fed Ex is bringing my Thunderbolt tomorrow.

Holy $*%! I just ran that test on my laptop to see my DSL connection speed. It is only a download of 1.52 Mbps and upload of 0.16 Mbps. :lame:

Moose, when I ordered this phone I knew 4G was faster but i did not know it was this fast! I am little embarrassed to admit that. :oops:

Older nontrad technology naivete strikes again.

Edit: I was lazy - Fed Ex is bringing my Thunderbolt tomorrow.

Damn, woman! You need to upgrade that internet! :smuggrin:

It's so much faster than I expected as well. I can't believe the speeds. I'm going to guess that as the network fills up with new 4G devices and phones we might lose a little speed, but I don't think it will be much.

Oh, I also just tested the internet while I'm on the phone and it works! So, now AT&T's only sales pitch of being able to surf the internet and use the phone at the same time is null and void. Verizon FTW!!! :biglove:

MightyMoose said:
Damn, woman! You need to upgrade that internet!

Well, it was pretty state of the art when I first got it.... about 7-8 years ago. :laugh:

MightyMoose said:
Oh, I also just tested the internet while I'm on the phone and it works! So, now AT&T's only sales pitch of being able to surf the internet and use the phone at the same time is null and void. Verizon FTW!!!
:thumbup: It is wrong for me to want to figure out the GoogleMaps GPS turn by turn directions thing first? ;) I also want to get Google Voice set up and download Angry Birds.

Well, got the phone today delivered by the nice Fed Ex man. Nice looking phone. Can't get it activated, though. Am going to go down to my local Verizon Wireless store now. Feel dumb. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just noticed this was post #800! Woot!

Nice! Let me know what you think of it when you get it activated.

To the above poster. I was getting similar speeds to you here in the Philly suburbs where I am sure the 4g network is already pretty bogged down. It definitely is shockingly fast. I was loading videos on CNN last night almost 10 seconds quicker than my fiances BB curve on 3G. Totally pleased with the phone. I have the memory card loaded down with something like 16 gigs of Mp3s and the phone is still running really fast. The screen is really bright and looks great. I love the screen on an iphone and this is pretty close to that so I am pleased. I am also posting this via my mobile hotspot free 2 month trial and there is really no difference between 4g and my verizon fios broadband.

Members don't see this ad :)
1209276070.png

This on the otherhand is my house wifi...verizon fios service

1209250361.png

Speeds just obtained via my hotspot to macbook pro

test 2

1209252376.png

:eek: Dude, those are insane speeds! I usually average around 10 Mbps now, so it looks like you've got me beat for sure. It's probably because your signal is routing through DC and mine is routing through So Cal (I'm about 1000+ miles from So Cal... haha).

I've been testing my battery all day and it seems to do pretty well, but I think the screen is a little too bright for its own good. I just set my phone to turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity and set the brightness to allow it to automatically adjust to the lighting, so that should help with the battery life. I also turned off all the sync's with the exception of my exchange server and email. Right now it's giving me about 13 hours of battery with standard use, but after those changes I'm hoping it will get closer to 18-19 hours.

Okay, well I feel much better because the tech at the Big Red store spent about 25 minutes getting my phone activated. It wasn't me. :)

Okay, well I made a big jump today from my 5 year old cell to the Thunderbolt. The TB is really, really nice and I am still playing with it, trying to learn all the features on it. The touchscreen has very good resolution and response. It has a camera, HD video recording, a front and rear facing camera, came with a 32 GB memory card, and, oh, I just learned about all the Android voice actions! Too cool!

I am not getting the insane speeds you guys are getting when you tether your computers to it. I don't why the Pittsburgh area would be bogged down but when I checked earlier this evening I was getting around 10 Mbps on my tethered Macbook. Also, my fully charged battery only went for about 9-10 hours. I was doing a lot of stuff, though, and battery life is pretty much a problem on all smartphones as I understand it.

I am pretty happy with my choice. The only thing I need now is a hard protective case. In pink. I think it is very masculine looking phone so I want something in pink. :p

I am pretty sure that the next iphone will have a dual core chip like the iPad 2. But it is rumored to not have 4G data speeds which would suck. Iphone is the better phone in my opinion due to having the largest app selection which means WAY more games and productivity apps. There are a couple cool features that Android has that iPhone doesn't but if you jailbreak an iPhone it is limitless! Also, if you are going to spend a lot of time at school you can just latch on to the school wifi which is SO much faster then 4G mobile data.

For those of you with the HTC Thunderbolt,

could you comment on how easy it is to upload music files from, say, iTunes onto the phone?

~Kalyx

For those of you with the HTC Thunderbolt,

could you comment on how easy it is to upload music files from, say, iTunes onto the phone?

~Kalyx

Kalyx, All I can say is that I just tried to connect the TB to my Macbook and, unfortunately, my Mac doesn't "recognize the disc." I am sure there is a way around this, but I don't know it yet.

From what I have heard, and please understand I am no expert on Android, Android doesn't really synch with iTunes. There is a way to just copy music files over to your Android phone, though.

Okay, well I feel much better because the tech at the Big Red store spent about 25 minutes getting my phone activated. It wasn't me. :)

Okay, well I made a big jump today from my 5 year old cell to the Thunderbolt. The TB is really, really nice and I am still playing with it, trying to learn all the features on it. The touchscreen has very good resolution and response. It has a camera, HD video recording, a front and rear facing camera, came with a 32 GB memory card, and, oh, I just learned about all the Android voice actions! Too cool!

I am not getting the insane speeds you guys are getting when you tether your computers to it. I don't why the Pittsburgh area would be bogged down but when I checked earlier this evening I was getting around 10 Mbps on my tethered Macbook. Also, my fully charged battery only went for about 9-10 hours. I was doing a lot of stuff, though, and battery life is pretty much a problem on all smartphones as I understand it.

I am pretty happy with my choice. The only thing I need now is a hard protective case. In pink. I think it is very masculine looking phone so I want something in pink. :p

10 Mbps is pretty fast. That's about what I'm averaging as well. I am very pleased with that speed. The phone batteries on all smartphones seems worse in the beginning, because you are constantly playing with them and installing apps, etc.. It will get better when it becomes more of a utility/tool and less of just a toy. I'm guessing it will get me through about 1 day (AM to PM), but if you aren't going to be able to charge it in the PM you should get a car charger.

Oh, one application you should absolutely get is Swype! I just installed it and it is awesome!

You can get it here:

http://www.swypeinc.com/

Kalyx, as far as Itunes stuff for the Android, I don't actually use itunes, but I know people who do and it doesn't seem too tough for them to transfer the data. The TB wouldn't be any more difficult than any other Android phone. You can also do the transfers via wifi without a cable if you want to do it that way. Just google it if you get one and there will be plenty of info on the best ways to do it.

10 Mbps is pretty fast. That's about what I'm averaging as well. I am very pleased with that speed. The phone batteries on all smartphones seems worse in the beginning, because you are constantly playing with them and installing apps, etc.. It will get better when it becomes more of a utility/tool and less of just a toy. I'm guessing it will get me through about 1 day (AM to PM), but if you aren't going to be able to charge it in the PM you should get a car charger.

Oh, one application you should absolutely get is Swype! I just installed it and it is awesome!

You can get it here:

http://www.swypeinc.com/

Kalyx, as far as Itunes stuff for the Android, I don't actually use itunes, but I know people who do and it doesn't seem too tough for them to transfer the data. The TB wouldn't be any more difficult than any other Android phone. You can also do the transfers via wifi without a cable if you want to do it that way. Just google it if you get one and there will be plenty of info on the best ways to do it.

Dude holy **** Swype is sick. I am sitting here messing with it...and while it will def take some getting used to...it could totally revolutionize the texting experience haha

I was able to use the USB cable, mount the phone as a disk, and copy music right from iTunes into a folder on the phone. There is a music app pre-loaded in Android that then played the music. Very, very easy. Not as elegant as synching from iTunes to an iPhone but not a problem at all.

Thank you all who posted on the ease on transferring music to the HTC Thunderbolt! That's great to hear that it's nothing too involved.

I am honestly very torn between going for the Thunderbolt now (and thus carrying the cheaper data plan beyond the switch to the higher one in the summer) and waiting for the iPhone 5. I've never owned a smartphone before and I became intent on getting one after I went on a trip with no internet access for too long!

I'm a bit worried about the redundancy of a smartphone, however, if I have my laptop out all the time during medical school (I start in August). Could anyone comment on the usefulness of a smartphone in the pre-clinical years in light of having a good laptop?

Also, I think I'm philosophically leaning more toward the Droid phones (i.e. Thunderbolt), but the user-friendliness of the iPhone is definitely appealing. Man, this is going to be a tough decision!

~Kalyx

Dude holy **** Swype is sick. I am sitting here messing with it...and while it will def take some getting used to...it could totally revolutionize the texting experience haha

No joke, man. I'm digging this app. I have noticed that you don't need to be very specific for it to work. I would say I have already increased my messaging speed by ~25% and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. If you haven't done the tutorial, I would highly recommend it.

No joke, man. I'm digging this app. I have noticed that you don't need to be very specific for it to work. I would say I have already increased my messaging speed by ~25% and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. If you haven't done the tutorial, I would highly recommend it.

Are you having issues with the autospace working while txting???? It seems to work when im on the browser but during txting it has a little crossed out symbol on the space bar.

I am honestly very torn between going for the Thunderbolt now (and thus carrying the cheaper data plan beyond the switch to the higher one in the summer) and waiting for the iPhone 5.

I had the same issue. Everything I am reading is saying that the iPhone5 won't be 4G. I decided that I preferred to lock in the unlimited data plan rather than hold out for an iPhone that is not likely to be 4G.

Could anyone comment on the usefulness of a smartphone in the pre-clinical years in light of having a good laptop?
Will be starting med school in a few months, also, Kalyx. It probably won't be all that helpful in pre-clinical years during the day if we have our laptops with us. Still, I am finding it really cool. Here's why:

-Can do things a laptop can't because it has a GPS (GPS navigation)
-In your free time you don't always want to carry a laptop around. Want to check email while waiting at the dentist? At intermission at the opera? Waiting in line at the grocery store? No problem with a smartphone.
-There are programs that allow you to tether your laptop to the phone and you might be able to save money by ditching your home internet service.
-Another rationalization I used: I need a cell phone anyway, for emergencies such as the car breaking down. Why not have a nice one? ;)

If any one you ever needs a rationalization to spend money, just PM me. I am very good at justifying spending money. :D

Are you having issues with the autospace working while txting???? It seems to work when im on the browser but during txting it has a little crossed out symbol on the space bar.

Hmmm, that's pretty odd. I get that symbol when I type a web address or go to input a username/password, but never when sending a text message. What text application do you use? Are you using the one standard with your phone? I am using Handcent and it seems to work perfectly. You might want to look at the troubleshooting guide on their website or you could always install Handcent and see if that works for you.

Just a couple tips on Handcent though if you decide to use it:

Be sure to use the handcent icon and not the text icon that is default with your phone.

Be sure to turn off the text bar notification for your standard text messages (just go into the standard messaging service and go to settings, then you can essentially turn just about everything off). If you don't turn this stuff off you will get two notifications with each text.

Handcent is a nice program and I would recommend it if you haven't tried it yet.

Good luck.

Well, what you have to realize is that, while both phones can do the same things, there are inherent differences in the way they are perceived and the way they may accomplish the same tasks.

There is no doubt that th iPhone 4 was the originator, and as such, will be viewed as the better, more prestigious option. Everyone knows what the iPhone 4 is and will undoubtedly be impressed by it. However, beware of the knockoffs, as they are becoming more prevalent.

The Droid X is the newer phone on the market, and as such, may not be as accepted by outside observers. Early adopters of the iPhone will look down on you, and may turn you away, but these people are on their way out. In the end, it will do the same things though, but it may not be as easy to navigate and there may be some bumps along the way, but overall, it's a fantastic choice as well.
Wait, was this a real question about phones?

Well, this thread started out as an iPhone vs Droid X thread but the few people still following this thread have all gone out and bought HTC Thunderbolts on Verizon 4G. :)

:hijacked:

Well, with AT&T and T-Mobile (likely) merging, I think I'll stick with the iPhone. My unlimited data plan is grandfathered in, so that would have been my suggestion.

Well, with AT&T and T-Mobile (likely) merging, I think I'll stick with the iPhone. My unlimited data plan is grandfathered in, so that would have been my suggestion.

Here is an interesting article about the merger...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus-20110321,0,1097806.column

In terms of the iPhone. You know you can get one on Verizon and you'll actually be able to talk on it right? Unlimited minutes don't do you any good if you can't use the phone... :smuggrin:

Here is an interesting article about the merger...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus-20110321,0,1097806.column

In terms of the iPhone. You know you can get one on Verizon and you'll actually be able to talk on it right? Unlimited minutes don't do you any good if you can't use the phone... :smuggrin:

To be honest, I live in one of the few areas of the country where the service actually works, apparently. My sister, on the other hand, absolutely abhors the company and wants to switch. However, with the increase in towers from a merger with T-Mobile, perhaps the service will be "decent".

(For now, we're locked into the plan rate, and the unlimited data plan won't be taken away...we'll see)

I'm officially jealous of the amazing time you're all having with your droids. I'm stuck here with my boring iPhone and heard from "a source" yesterday that iPhone5 is most likely not going to offer a physical keyboard after all. Someone please tell me there is still hope!

Swype looks awesome. Not available for iPhones (of course) but I think it would significantly improve my "text" life.

I had the same issue. Everything I am reading is saying that the iPhone5 won't be 4G. I decided that I preferred to lock in the unlimited data plan rather than hold out for an iPhone that is not likely to be 4G.

Will be starting med school in a few months, also, Kalyx. It probably won't be all that helpful in pre-clinical years during the day if we have our laptops with us. Still, I am finding it really cool. Here's why:

-Can do things a laptop can't because it has a GPS (GPS navigation)
-In your free time you don't always want to carry a laptop around. Want to check email while waiting at the dentist? At intermission at the opera? Waiting in line at the grocery store? No problem with a smartphone.
-There are programs that allow you to tether your laptop to the phone and you might be able to save money by ditching your home internet service.
-Another rationalization I used: I need a cell phone anyway, for emergencies such as the car breaking down. Why not have a nice one? ;)

If any one you ever needs a rationalization to spend money, just PM me. I am very good at justifying spending money. :D

Thank you for your rationalizations... those sounds pretty good to me! :D

I think I am sold on this smartphone thing. It's gonna happen, that's for sure! I think I can eliminate the iPhone, because I'm really just not too crazy about it. Now between a Thunderbolt and some other models, however (particularly those with physical keyboards), it's gonna be tough...

~Kalyx

Thank you for your rationalizations... those sounds pretty good to me! :D

I think I am sold on this smartphone thing. It's gonna happen, that's for sure! I think I can eliminate the iPhone, because I'm really just not too crazy about it. Now between a Thunderbolt and some other models, however (particularly those with physical keyboards), it's gonna be tough...

~Kalyx

Once you try the new digital keyboards you'll never use your physical one. Trust me on this one. I once felt exactly like you do and I quickly realized that I never used the physical keyboard, that's why I didn't worry about it for the thunderbolt. As far a the phone itself goes, you would be selling yourself short if you go with anything other than the thunderbolt, imo. It has 4G, an awesome display, great processor, etc. etc..

Oh, and once you get a smartphone you will wonder how you ever lived without one. ;)

There's an app called ShapeWriter Pro. It's basically the same thing as Swype. Try searching in the App Store (not sure if it's still around, but it was a while back).

I'm looking now!............

Caveat: I really hate Apple *LOL*

That said, any modern Android device >>>> iPhone, imho. Here's why:

1) Ability to install what apps you want, not what Apple says you can install.
2) Corollary: full flash video, divx, skype, google voice, etc.
3) Natively syncs across google. You never have to dock your phone again, ever. You can even get a free app that lets you transfer MP3s across wifi.
4) Load whatever files you want onto the phone. No need for iTunes if you don't want it.
5) You can still use iTunes if you want - there are apps that'll let you.
6) You can swap your own battery.
7) MicroSD means you can swap storage in and out, load files directly from the SD reader on your computer, etc.
8) USB tethering as well as mobileAP wifi for free (at least on T Mobile) means you never have to pay for wifi on the go again.
9) Ability to attach whatever file you want to to an email -- share your MP3s, pictures, apps, docs, etc.
10) ability to use remote connection to access your desktop computer -- free
11) Just feels faster to me, imho
12) No ridiculous antenna issues with even more ridiculous responses from Steve Jobs ("Just don't hold it like that!"). I mean, seriously? He's not just going to tell us what we can and can't use our phones for, we also have to hold it a certain way?

-- all of which adds up to a smartphone that can actually do most of the things a laptop can do with far fewer limitations and marketshare-protecting restrictions than iPhone 4 has. Honestly, all iPhone4 has going for it is the hipster iPhone "image". Which is ironic as ****, since there's nothing more conformist than an Apple fanboy.

Caveat: I really hate Apple *LOL*

That said, any modern Android device >>>> iPhone, imho. Here's why:

1) Ability to install what apps you want, not what Apple says you can install.
2) Corollary: full flash video, divx, skype, google voice, etc.
3) Natively syncs across google. You never have to dock your phone again, ever. You can even get a free app that lets you transfer MP3s across wifi.
4) Load whatever files you want onto the phone. No need for iTunes if you don't want it.
5) You can still use iTunes if you want - there are apps that'll let you.
7) MicroSD means you can swap storage in and out, load files directly from the SD reader on your computer, etc.
8) USB tethering as well as mobileAP wifi for free (at least on T Mobile) means you never have to pay for wifi on the go again.
9) Ability to attach whatever file you want to to an email -- share your MP3s, pictures, apps, docs, etc.
10) ability to use remote connection to access your desktop computer -- free
11) Just feels faster to me, imho
12) No ridiculous antenna issues with even more ridiculous responses from Steve Jobs ("Just don't hold it like that!"). I mean, seriously? He's not just going to tell us what we can and can't use our phones for, we also have to hold it a certain way?

I agree on many of these points. I do wish I could keep all my pics on my SD and just remove it real quick and take it anywhere like I used to on my Palm Treo back in the day. Also the flash issue and of course holding it wrong and all ....... :thumbdown: .

On a positive note though I just got Shapewriter!! Tryin to get used to it right now but looks just like Swype.

Thanks Kaushik!! :D

It wasn't in the app store for anyone else that is interested :eyebrow:.

This is important with 4G, as it is a battery hog...I noticed a few people mentioning battery life on the thunderbolt and figured I'd add my two cents. I got an EVO right when 4g came out, and was getting maybe 8 hours of battery with everything on (4G, GPS, animations, browsing the web, pandora, etc.). Then I found an aftermarket battery on Amazon by Seidio, that had about 2.3x the power of the standard battery. Now I can go all heavy use and not worry about battery life.

Some other tips I learned were to use wifi when possible, turn off animations, turn off GPS when not needed, set the display to turn off after 15 or 30 seconds of non use, and download/micromanage advanced task killer.

Hope that helps.

This is important with 4G, as it is a battery hog...I noticed a few people mentioning battery life on the thunderbolt and figured I'd add my two cents. I got an EVO right when 4g came out, and was getting maybe 8 hours of battery with everything on (4G, GPS, animations, browsing the web, pandora, etc.). Then I found an aftermarket battery on Amazon by Seidio, that had about 2.3x the power of the standard battery. Now I can go all heavy use and not worry about battery life.

Some other tips I learned were to use wifi when possible, turn off animations, turn off GPS when not needed, set the display to turn off after 15 or 30 seconds of non use, and download/micromanage advanced task killer.

Hope that helps.

Do you have a link to the batter you bought? I mighty look into one of those. I'm not a fan of having to think about how much I'm using my phone.

As far as settings, I find the "Chalkboard" skin is the most battery friendly.

Do you guys know of any phones comparable to the Thunderbolt that's coming out soon on Verizon? My contracts up and I want a new phone but I don't want that huge 4.3 inch screen...

I am actually considering Iphone5 just because of screen size....

Do you guys know of any phones comparable to the Thunderbolt that's coming out soon on Verizon? My contracts up and I want a new phone but I don't want that huge 4.3 inch screen...

I am actually considering Iphone5 just because of screen size....

The HTC Incredible is a great phone as well. My gf has it and loves it.

Do you have a link to the batter you bought? I mighty look into one of those. I'm not a fan of having to think about how much I'm using my phone.

As far as settings, I find the "Chalkboard" skin is the most battery friendly.

Sure thing. I got this one... I believe it takes about a month for the company to release a version for newer phones.

The HTC Incredible is a great phone as well. My gf has it and loves it.

I was thinking about the Incredible... its just the right size!The only thing is , is that if I'm going to get a new phone, I might as well upgrade to this LTE network and get grandfathered into that unlimited data plan.

Might have to settle for the Thunderbolt...

I was thinking about the Incredible... its just the right size!The only thing is , is that if I'm going to get a new phone, I might as well upgrade to this LTE network and get grandfathered into that unlimited data plan.

Might have to settle for the Thunderbolt...

The Droid Incredible 2 may be coming out soon. I haven't seen anything that clams it will be 4G capable though. Samsung is also coming out with a Droid "Charge" in the future (not sure when). I'm still happy with my Evo over anything else, but the newer Evo, the EVO 3D looks pretty cool, supposedly due out this summer. I won't have my free upgrade until summer 2012, so I hope something awesome comes out around then. Also hoping I get 4G access sometime.

I would absolutely, no question, get the thunderbolt over the incredible. I was worried about having a huge phone but to be honest the 4.3" screen has never given me a problem fitting anywhere.

Postal, your profile info says you are female. I wouldn't worry about the size of the Thunderbolt. Since we are women we'll just throw this in our purse most of the time. This phone would fit in any normal purse so I wouldn't worry about size. Later on, it would easily fit in the pocket of a white coat. It is a little masculine looking as I mentioned before but I am sure there will be some nice pink cases coming out in the next few months. ;)

Okay, I have done more research and am now enthused about the:

Droid Bionic, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Merge

Whoooooo!

~Kalyx

Hey guys, just thought I would mention I just found out that Amazon has an Android App Store now. They do have free apps on there as well as paid and Angry Birds Rio is available for free right now. It looks like Amazon screens the apps so you don't have to wade through all the junk on Android Market.

PS I hope the mods don't consider this spam. I just learned about this today and wanted to tell my fellow Thunderbolt owners about a resource.

Indeed, I am female lol

I have looked into the Incredible 2 but its release date is up in air and it does not seem that it will have the 4LTE radio inside. The HTC Merge...who know when that's coming out? I like that it has a physical keyboard. I've never used a touch screen keyboard and is it just me but does Swype actually look more difficult to use?lol

I think, I will need to visit a verizon store and take an up close and personal look at the T.B. I was actually worried about the device possibly fitting into the pocket of my skinny jeans if I forgo a purse for a quick trip to the convenience store. I think I can get over the size if the T.B. is as awesome as everyone claims.

I ready to move on from my blackberry!

Is it spam if I say that for all those interested in the T.B.,Amazon is selling the T.B.($179) for much cheaper than Verizon($249)?

I hope I don't get banned:scared: