Very Disappointed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shawn_99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, seems like studnets in here just reply to some of the posts, not all of them, and seems like they kinda know each other too, and no one would reply to the posts that they don't know the person who posted them, anyways, this is my last message in here and I wish you all luck. ( of course I have gotten replies from 2 ppl and they know who I am talking about and I really appriciated their help
bye

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Shawn I reviewed your previous postings and I think they should have been posted to the PRE-Dental forum and you would have gotten a better response. This forum is for students already in dental school. You are not the only one using the forum in this manner,if you had questions re the program curriculum etc. at a program perhaps some one would have responded.Hopefully you will find out that the life of a dental student is a very full one,finding time to respond to a post that you have limited insight or memory of ie. admissions is expecting alot from other members.

Haha, I see the point the Dentistry Students are making - there's a forum for chatty up and comer's and there a forum that people like me and Shawn should just READ more of before we venture into discussing the profession.

Love the last bit of wise cynicism there, previous
Poster. =)~

Members don't see this ad :)
No I don't think you see the point. I think all questions dealing with admission to dental school should be on the pre-dental page. You need to differentiate between questions re; the school ie; do you like it how are the profs. vs. admission questions. Like I wrote before as a dental student or old alum like myself you have no insight or memory of the process. Your best information comes from others going along the same path. I didn't wish to appear the cynic I truly wish that all of the forum members join me in this truly great profession

Perhaps I wrapped too many words together without being clear. Let me try to be succint this time, in review.

>Haha, I see the point the Dentistry Students
-->i.e. :D OCTORAL (+Post) STUDENTS LIKE YOURSELF

>are >making - there's a forum for chatty "up and >comer's"
-->i.e. :p REDENTAL FORUM.

>and there a forum that people like
>me and Shawn should just READ more of before we >venture into discussing the profession.
-->i.e.: WE SHOULD READ THE DOCTORAL STUDENTS FORUM MORE AND POST LESS.

>Love the last bit of wise cynicism there,
-->i.e.: "finding time to respond to a post that you have limited insight or memory..."
-->i.e.: I appreciate you don't have time to mess around in a mucky forum such as this since you are a busy professional and people like "me" :) post off topic BS in.

Hope that helps clear things up.
Have a nice day. :)

Perhaps I deserve a nice reference letter for being such a good post-dental-pre-dental-forum-groupie! <joke>

Argh...I'm going back to the pre-dental forum!
It's fun to read into the personalities typing all sorts of rhetoric, alongside good advise at times.

Good luck with your Associate search!

Chronic Gingivitis (we can treat that problem you know) How about this I'll only read and respond to questions re.Dentistry and I won't bother with the admission question that get posted on this forum and if any of the dental students have questions re their futures don't forget this is the dental student forum.

re.Dentistry eh?

Ok, is it true that Whitening toothpaste thin's your enamel, in your professional opinion?
I heard through the graprevine/(this girl) that it does.
See, as a pre-dental student one day I was preventing a chap from hitting a girl at a nightclub (real chivalrous and stuff), and he punched me in my mouth chipping my lower left incisor exactly along the line of me upper incisor underbite.
So is this due to my extended use of "Rapid White"^TM ???
=)~

So is the mild subcutaneous keloid in the lower lip due to trauma too, or is that just a mangled build up of collagen to around gash? Should corticosteroid be administered by a dermatologist, dentist, or should I try DIY?
Seriously, intelligent constructive criticism appreciated, otherwise, try another thread.