very dissapointed with last practice test score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alfredo24pr

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am taking the Kaplan course for the MCAT, but still am dissapointed with my test scores. I am having trouble attacking the passages and don't feel ready for the test. My diagnostic was 18 and my full length scores ranged from 23-24, but when I took the AAMC test 11, I got a 16. How is this possible..? I am very frustrated and thinking of just quitting.
 
You should probably considering doing a full content review. Go over physics, chemistry, and biology from start to finish. I prefer TPR for physics/chem and EK for biology. Doing this 3 hours a day should take about a month.
 
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=645106

FL 10 and 11 are generally considered to be really really difficult. Some people on that thread suggest just throwing those scores out.

As difficult as those tests may be, and that is slightly subjective, a 16 on any AAMC practice test should be a cause for concern, especially when you've already finished content review.

OP people will try to sugar coat it for you, but you need to know the truth. You definitely have to go back to the drawing board, pick a different company (TBR or TPR) and get a better understanding of the material. You know that your 16 isn't good at all, but at the same time, DO NOT give up. All it takes is practice, and lots of it. Pick a new strategy/company and reassess your study methods. If you want this bad enough, you can and WILL do it!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=645106

FL 10 and 11 are generally considered to be really really difficult. Some people on that thread suggest just throwing those scores out.

OP took AAMC 11 not Kaplan FL 11. Nobody advises to throw out a score from AAMC 10 or 11. Those scores are the most reliable test available. I advise OP to go back to basics and perhaps textbooks would be best to reteach yourself
 
OP took AAMC 11 not Kaplan FL 11. Nobody advises to throw out a score from AAMC 10 or 11. Those scores are the most reliable test available. I advise OP to go back to basics and perhaps textbooks would be best to reteach yourself

whoops definitely misread OP's post! >.< sorry about that 😛