What are you going to do after school is done???

• Study hard for your upcoming residency year

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Drink ETOH

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Drink ETOH while pertending to study hard for your upcoming residency year

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Make fun of your classmates who are stuck in Sub-I's while you are drinking ETOH

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Read a review book so that you can act like you did choice 1 (above)

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Catch up on sleep

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Sit on the DAMN computer and incessantly post messages on SDN

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Drink and do Choice 7... (Gulp....type, Gulp)

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Global Disrobal

Along for the ride
Moderator Emeritus
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2002
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
So what will you do when school is finally done, and you are sitting on your a$$ (as yours truely has been doing) during that off time until the beginning of residency?

Global Disrobal

Along for the ride
Moderator Emeritus
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2002
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Actually I'll be in Vegas for my bachelor party...I'll have a tequilla shot & will place 5 bucks on black in your honor!

Good luck the rest of the way. That last week is the loooooongest!

GD

Global Disrobal

Along for the ride
Moderator Emeritus
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2002
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
HEY GOVERNAITOR, MY POLL IS BETTER THAN YOURS, albeit smaller, shorter, and less significant!

*bump*

By the way, I know this poll is dumb but I figured with the stress of the match, people needed it.

About the Ads
B

b&ierstiefel

Was spending today afternoon looking at old threads to help mentally prepare for the next few months...came across this thread...had to bump it. Apparently the poll ain't closed yet.

Primate

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 13, 2003
Status (Visible)
AndyMilonakis said:
Was spending today afternoon looking at old threads to help mentally prepare for the next few months...came across this thread...had to bump it. Apparently the poll ain't closed yet.

Dude,

You need to get out more. ;)

:laugh:

P

B

b&ierstiefel

Primate said:
Dude,

You need to get out more. ;)

:laugh:

P

Yeah I know :laugh: . Today was kind of a blah kind of day (as most days are since I've been done with school). Decided not to do any Step 2 studying today but instead opted to play the guitar (see, when the neighbors are gone, you have the opportunity to crank up that amp and just mess around). This week is the lull before the storm starting next week when interviews start.

Brian Pavlovitz

give me that marrow!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 31, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
AndyMilonakis said:
Yeah I know :laugh: . Today was kind of a blah kind of day (as most days are since I've been done with school). Decided not to do any Step 2 studying today but instead opted to play the guitar (see, when the neighbors are gone, you have the opportunity to crank up that amp and just mess around). This week is the lull before the storm starting next week when interviews start.

....wait....is that Yngwie Malmsteen I hear??...... ;)

Brian Pavlovitz

give me that marrow!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 31, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
AndyMilonakis said:
...by the way, did I tell you how much I CAN'T WAIT for my THIRD YEAR to be OVER???????

Too bad I still have 9 months to go! Hmmm. Just like giving birth.

*sigh* still 3 weeks of IM, too.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hey!! We can check off more than one option!

I think my holiday plan would ultimately depend on how much time I had. If I had a month off, I would eat and sleep for 72 hours straight. And then I would wake up and have the next 27 days or so completely free of anything remotely medical.

And that means you guys! ;)

AndyMilonakis said:
Today was kind of a blah kind of day... opted to play the guitar (see, when the neighbors are gone, you have the opportunity to crank up that amp and just mess around).
I wish my neighbours were that considerate. Or maybe they are, it's just that my housemate told them they could have a loud party till 3am on Remembrance Day (since the whole purpose of Remembrance Day is obviously to get drunk and have sex) since SHE would be away... :mad:

~
I just did two mock-interviews. Am I ever glad that I did!
"How not to dig yourself into a liposarcomatic grave" must be the lesson of the day.

B

b&ierstiefel

Brian Pavlovitz said:
....wait....is that Yngwie Malmsteen I hear??...... ;)

Haha! No it isn't yngwie malsteen...I can't play his stuff in my dreams. Well I can play some of his riffs albeit sloppily.

I got some sheet music for songs by Satriani and Dream Theater....been practicing some of that. :D It's hard.

B

b&ierstiefel

Brian Pavlovitz said:
...by the way, did I tell you how much I CAN'T WAIT for my THIRD YEAR to be OVER???????

Too bad I still have 9 months to go! Hmmm. Just like giving birth.

*sigh* still 3 weeks of IM, too.

Third year? Um...fourth year has got to go too! :)

B

b&ierstiefel

deschutes said:
I wish my neighbours were that considerate. Or maybe they are, it's just that my housemate told them they could have a loud party till 3am on Remembrance Day (since the whole purpose of Remembrance Day is obviously to get drunk and have sex) since SHE would be away... :mad:

My neighbors weren't home. Unlike Andy here, they got jobs and gots to feed the kids. Unfortunately my amp doesn't go up to 11. Nah, the amp at 5 is loud enough.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.