(very late) Application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member3434

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m going to be able to to graduate earlier than what was planned and therefore plan to apply to Dental School this cycle rather than waiting it out. I realize that it is extremely late in the cycle, and have not taken the DAT yet. I am studying my butt off to do well and take it by mid-November, will this be a descent time (I know it is not the ideal time)? My stats are pretty good (over a 3.85 for both cGPA and sGPA), plenty of ECs and shadow hours (~200ish). The only thing that makes my app incomplete is the DAT score. I don’t know why I’ve been putting it off for over a month now, but I still haven’t submitted the application yet...I’m just too intimidated but trying to figure out where to apply and where not to. Because I’m so late in the cycle, I would like some help trying to decide what schools are out-of-state friendly (it’s WAY TOO late to get into my in-state schools) and what schools will be fine with late applications. I know I can probably find all of that info on every program’s website but I honestly just don’t have the time to do that, on top of studying for the DAT, on top of crazy semester load, and on top of all the ECs I’m involved in. I’m just looking for some help/advice, please don’t roast me!!

Members don't see this ad.

(it’s WAY TOO late to get into my in-state schools)
Wait to apply to your state school next cycle unless you're super wealthy or are doing HPSP. Out of state schools and private schools are criminally expensive and can decimate you financially.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait to apply to your state school next cycle unless you're super wealthy or are doing HPSP. Out of state schools and private schools are criminally expensive and can decimate you financially.

This should probably give more context: I’m technically considered an international student even though all my schooling has been done in the US. So that means I do not qualify for in-state tuition and probably won’t next cycle either.

Call your top choice and let them know.
Some schools still consider applicants late into june.

Reactions: 1 user