VERY low GPA, high MCAT Chances/School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazywindmill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ivy League undergrad, cGPA: 3.22, sGPA: 3.1, one year of WashU post-bacc: GPA: 4.0
Steady upward trend from freshman year to the year of post-bacc. No big dips, just low start.

MCAT: 41 (PS: 12, VR: 15, BS: 14)

ECs: lots of volunteering, including a year of post-graduate work in a domestic clinical community service fellowship, and a summer of clinical work in Bolivia. Few years of research in undergrad and will be starting a year of research at WashU Med soon, leadership in undergrad EC's as well.

Hispanic/White applicant from MO.

I am trying to apply to a very broad category of schools, and am trying to finalize my list. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as my stats make this a very confusing application!

Thank you!

what's your cumulative undergrad GPA including your 4.0 posbacc? postbacc grades are included as part of your uGPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are schools that value re-invention. You're fine for your state school, if any, plus Tulane, BU, Tufts, SUNY-Upstate, Albany, and all of the low tier MD schools.

You're also fine for any DO program, including mine.

Ivy League undergrad, cGPA: 3.22, sGPA: 3.1, one year of WashU post-bacc: GPA: 4.0
Steady upward trend from freshman year to the year of post-bacc. No big dips, just low start.

MCAT: 41 (PS: 12, VR: 15, BS: 14)

ECs: lots of volunteering, including a year of post-graduate work in a domestic clinical community service fellowship, and a summer of clinical work in Bolivia. Few years of research in undergrad and will be starting a year of research at WashU Med soon, leadership in undergrad EC's as well.

Hispanic/White applicant from MO.

I am trying to apply to a very broad category of schools, and am trying to finalize my list. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as my stats make this a very confusing application!

Thank you!

I remember an Ivy graduate with similar stats. His grades tanked because he was heavily involved his campus newspaper, but he got 43 on his MCAT. He only received two interviews from UMass and Yale and got into Yale. So really odd cycle. But this was 11 years ago and I'm going to assume that things have only gotten tougher since then.

http://mdapplicants.com/profile.php...duate:Dartmouth College,psr:0,orderby:,order: