very very very strange situation.....plz help

Started by rxdumpme
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rxdumpme

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, so i graduated with a Pharm.d in 2011 from Florida.
Soon after that I was diagnosed with a rare kidney condition that needed my immediate attention.
However, I still managed to apply for ATT (Authorization to test) which I received in the mail by 8/2011....It mentioned in the ATT that it will expire on 08/2012....Before my ATT expires, I am suppose to clear both the naplex and the FL mpje.

But I was so caught up with hospitals and taking rest that I never appeared for naplex or law.....never found time to study for it, never took the date, never appeared for the exam.....

Now after almost 1.5 year, the tumor is finally out of my Kidney, and I am fine.
The question is can I still take the naplex and law, or do I have to do my pharm.D all over...
Am I ruined because I did not take the licensing exam untill 1.5 yrs of my graduation....
If I can still take the exam, i need to apply for a new ATT, which is fine, but I need a form called "FORM A" that should be signed and sealed by the dean of my college, and sent directly to NABP.....The very first time I got my ATT, the dean had automatically done it and sent it to NABP along with the form for the rest of my class....NOW my question is that is that same "form a" from 2011 would work, or do I need to request my dean to fill out a new form for me....What if he refuses?

I am literally scared rite now, and I think I will never be able to get licenced and work as a pharmacist....someone plz give me some strength and support....
 
It shall be well with you, just be strong. You have to start making some necessary phone calls like calling the NABP, continental testing center and they will direct you on what to do. if you don't have their numbers you can always google it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question, What happens to the contract if a pharmacist has disability (lets say a surgery) 5 months after signing the contract with the company?? Can he be get laid off??
 
Sorry for all you had to go through. From what I understand, you can take Naplex any time after graduation, there is no limitation on that. Call your board and asked them if they need any paperwork or not, if you already submit your paperworks before, they might not need any paperworks anymore and might just need an application fee.