Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thats what I have learned from this past year. It really wasn't that difficult to get multiple acceptances even though I don't have stellar stats. Trust me, if I can get in? Anyone can.
I have truly learned to not believe the hype. EVERYone that I talk to in everyday conversation makes a huge deal about me getting in - "Thats amazing!! Its harder to get into than medical school!!" which is obviously not true since the two aren't comparable.
I think people just make a huge fuss over how hard Vet school is to get in to since
a. they didn't get in themselves "well if I didn't get in, NO one can."
b. if they did get in, saying its impossible to get in makes them seem that much more special.
c. people genuinely believe that multiple anecdotes = fact.
d. there is nothing more satisfying than discouraging others from achieving their dreams, since it is overwhelmingly scary to work towards your own dream.
I have truly learned to not believe the hype. EVERYone that I talk to in everyday conversation makes a huge deal about me getting in - "Thats amazing!! Its harder to get into than medical school!!" which is obviously not true since the two aren't comparable.
I think people just make a huge fuss over how hard Vet school is to get in to since
a. they didn't get in themselves "well if I didn't get in, NO one can."
b. if they did get in, saying its impossible to get in makes them seem that much more special.
c. people genuinely believe that multiple anecdotes = fact.
d. there is nothing more satisfying than discouraging others from achieving their dreams, since it is overwhelmingly scary to work towards your own dream.