Vet School Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AsimD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am the type of person who loves to be prepared for anything. However, I am at a loss as to how to prep for vet school. I have recently been admitted to a Veterinary Medicine college. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prepare for the transition into vet school. Taking Vet anatomy is no longer an option as I am graduating next month. What did you guys do before vet school? (Vacation, study, relax, start reviewing material?).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also curious as to the answer of this question! Personally I'm going to take the summer for myself and just have fun before chaos begins haha.

Pretty positive everyone here is gonna tell you to relaaaaaxxxxxxxx and have fun since you'll be stressed and studying quite a bit once school starts and to not try and pre-study.
Do things that you want to like road trip and travel! HAVE FUN! SLEEEEEPPPPP!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty positive everyone here is gonna tell you to relaaaaaxxxxxxxx and have fun since you'll be stressed and studying quite a bit once school starts and to not try and pre-study.
Do things that you want to like road trip and travel! HAVE FUN! SLEEEEEPPPPP!!!
SkiOtter knows how to have fun! Sleep is #1 on my "to-do" list haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I am the type of person who loves to be prepared for anything. However, I am at a loss as to how to prep for vet school. I have recently been admitted to a Veterinary Medicine college. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prepare for the transition into vet school. Taking Vet anatomy is no longer an option as I am graduating next month. What did you guys do before vet school? (Vacation, study, relax, start reviewing material?).
Umm...I took anatomy during undergrad and it didn't prepare me for veterinary school anatomy. You cover literally everything of the dog/cat, pig, horse, cow and sometimes more. No undergrad class will adequately prepare you for it IMO.

I also suggest vacation/relax. Enjoy the time with family and friends. If you have a job, make some money but don't overwork yourself if you can avoid it. This summer will fly by and you'll start the first week of school feeling like you had no break between undergrad and vet school if you're not careful.

Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely don't study.

Have fun!!!!:cool:

Agreed with the others. Do NOT study over the summer---you'll regret it come fall and whatever knowledge you gain will be surpassed by the first week of vet school, anyway.

Just relax! Work if you need to (I personally didn't and it was amazing) but definitely make plenty of time for fun, as well.

Thanks guys!!! I have gotten that before, so I will make sure to do absolutely nothing.

Thanks guys!!! I have gotten that before, so I will make sure to do absolutely nothing.
Seriously, enjoy it. At this point, you only have 2-3 summer vacations left!