Vet School Then and Now....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyndaelyzoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found this picture of a veterinary class of Iowa State in 1942 during an anatomy class. The demographics of the class are much different than they are today.
The vet class of 1942:
http://www.lyndaelyzoo.com/vet%20school%201942.htm
And now the modern-day vet class (I hope you have a sense of humor and do not take offense to this :D ) This is probably the nightmare of every veterinary professor!!! Since these students are not interested in learning about vet medicine and so self-centered, an educational crime has been committed and the veterinarians on staff now have to become crime scene investigators. This was a painting that I just completed in order to reduce my stress about vet school. :D I hope that it helps those who are stressed as well.
http://www.lyndaelyzoo.com/vetschooladmissionsnightmare.htm

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for posting that! The old picture is so cool, and I like your painting as well.

You are very talented. Thanks for posting - I got a kick out of both of the pictures.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay for women in veterinary medicine! The Iowa '42 picture is really cool though. I like your painting too. What is the forensic investigator doing to the poodle? I checked out your website as well and I have to say that it is awesome. You look like a great biology/science teacher!

Wow!!! Thanks for the responses!!! I was worried that I might offend some people, but sometimes you just have to have a sense of humor to get through the day. Life is way too important to take seriously (especially when we are getting closer to hitting "submit" on our VMCAS). BTW, the investigator is supposed to be collecting the poodle as evidence of the crime scene. Actually they are collecting it and sending it to the SA hospital :D!
Petdoc, wow, thanks for checking out the site!! I do enjoy teaching, but have always had thoughts of vet school in the back of my mind (especially when I get a class like I painted!!). I get to teach zoology this year and think it will be a good review for vet school, being that I hadn't taken a zoology course in over ten years.:eek:

Wow!!! Thanks for the responses!!! I was worried that I might offend some people, but sometimes you just have to have a sense of humor to get through the day. Life is way too important to take seriously (especially when we are getting closer to hitting "submit" on our VMCAS). BTW, the investigator is supposed to be collecting the poodle as evidence of the crime scene. Actually they are collecting it and sending it to the SA hospital :D!
Petdoc, wow, thanks for checking out the site!! I do enjoy teaching, but have always had thoughts of vet school in the back of my mind (especially when I get a class like I painted!!). I get to teach zoology this year and think it will be a good review for vet school, being that I hadn't taken a zoology course in over ten years.:eek:

i agree, i really liked your website. i would LOVE to do crime scene chemistry!!! :D

I laughed when I saw the PETA shirt on the one in the front row...