kittylady03

Tufts c/o 2024
2+ Year Member
May 19, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
hi everyone!

I'm a first year student at Tufts - myself and some other students are looking to spearhead starting a Spanish course/elective for vet students (through administration and curriculum committee, with help from our diversity council and LatinxVMA student chapter). I was wondering if any other vet schools have something in place or are working towards adding this to their curriculum (either for Spanish or another language). I tried searching but I didn't have any luck, and was thinking that information might not be on the public admissions websites.

thanks in advanced!

Reactions: 1 users

Amanasoul

Purdue c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
May 6, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Purdue doesn't have an elective, but they do have an informal, no-commitment Spanish class that meets 1-2 times a week during lunch to learn conversational Spanish (this might have changed because of Covid though). It's taught by the students who know Spanish as a first language usually.

About the Ads

SkiOtter

c/o 2022
5+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Illinois has an elective for Spanish. You do need to be pretty familiar with the language to start though because it’s pretty much just medical stuff afaik. I know 0 Spanish so I didn’t sign up. It’s taught by one of our Spanish speaking faculty who also helps teach anatomy and histo.

Reactions: 1 user

JustPaws

Michigan State CVM c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2017
Woof Chat
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
MSU (Michigan) just started one this semester so not sure if it will continue or not

• Love

alissa14

cat lover • WW • c/o 2025
Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Ohio state has an elective for it and Colorado State has a 2 course series

kittylady03

Tufts c/o 2024
2+ Year Member
May 19, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
hello again! thank you all for your responses! if any of you are able to/have the time to, would you be able to private message me with more information about the class or someone I can contact regarding it? we'd like to have some examples of other vet schools when presenting the idea to administration :)

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.