MD & DO Veterans affairs and nurse independence article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like this is just the VA trying to save money, which is ironic considering they already pay their physicians significantly less. I've encountered some great NP's at the VA and for routine stuff, they are more than qualified to take care of veterans. However, given the complex medical issues faced by veterans, I also think it is a poor decision to eliminate physicians from the oversight of care.

I feel like this is just the VA trying to save money, which is ironic considering they already pay their physicians significantly less. I've encountered some great NP's at the VA and for routine stuff, they are more than qualified to take care of veterans. However, given the complex medical issues faced by veterans, I also think it is a poor decision to eliminate physicians from the oversight of care.
No nurse is qualified to practice medicine, ever. It’s amazing the illegal practice of medicine continues in this country.

The amount of medical foolery and stupidity I see on a daily basis from nps is tntc. I would let any fourth year in this country treat me over a np.

It is heart breaking that those who gave so much for this country are treated the worst. Shameful, really.

Reactions: 1 users