Veterinary career with travelling?

Started by CielSky
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CielSky

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm a high school student in Canada who would really love to be a vet for wild animals. I am also hoping to travel while helping animals. Are there any specific careers that allows me to do both at the same time? If so, what kind of places would I find that kind of job? Can you please give me some examples of those organizations/companies/work places as well? I know that it seems like I'm asking these sort of questions way too early but I would still really appreciate any answers!

Thanks!!
 
Hi there! I happen to be interested in the volunteer around the world/wildlife aspects of the career as well.

I met a vet who works at a wildlife park out in San Deigo who also travels to South Africa 1-2 times a year to castrate elephants. There are also vets who have their PT/FT jobs who volunteer some time to help out those less fortunate around the world throught World Vets, RAVS, etc.

It may not be 'norm' but there are opportunities out there.